Sign in to follow this  
fireman

Kent CT. show may be up in the air!

fireman

I spoke with someone yesterday that is friends with the head of CAMA in Kent. The property they use for parking always has problems with water. Even with a slight rain it turns into a mud pit. Well after Irene and the rains we had after, they still can't even mow the field yet. My friend will let me know as soon as she finds out if the show will be a go or not. I will post updates here as soon as hear. I know we have some members coming from goods distances and I don't want anyone to make the trip for nothing. They haven't posted anything on their website yet. I assume they don't want to "spook" everyone from showing and they end being able to use the field.

VinsRJ

Jeff, there looks like a threat for rain on Friday too..... worst case we could get together at Zagray the following weekend in Colchester..... that

fireman

Friday scattered thunderstorms 40% chance of rain.

Saturday sunny.

I guess we'll have to play it buy ear. I will still go up on Wednesday and secure some spots if possible. If they don't cancel it, I will still go on Friday and Saturday. I may not stay overnight if it raining.

wallfish

Jeff, Could you please let us know as soon as you know something. If it's a No GO then I will need to cancel my hotel rooms. I think they need to be canceled before Wed to avoid a charge but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the info

Coadster32

Will be watching this post closely. Thanks Jeff for keeping close to this, and keeping us posted.

Vin is right, Zaggary's not to shabby either.

nylyon

I know what they mean about not being able to mow, I still have many areas of my lawn which can't be mowed either. Hopefully it'll be dry enough and they can hold the show. Saturday is free for me which is unusual with football season.

fireman

I just called and left a message for one of the event coordinators and explained that we have people coming from a distance and need to know ASAP if the event is a go or not. Again I will post here as soon as I hear something.

taycotrains

Jeff, Thanks for staying on top of this ! Bob T

fireman

Just heard back from them. The water all receded and the parking area has dried up enough that they were able to mow it so the show is a GO! :thumbs2:

nylyon

So.... when is everyone going to the show?

SALTYWRIGHT

I WILL BE THERE ON SUNDAY. CAN NOT GO ON SATURDAY AND RAIN ON FRIDAY IS NO GOOD. RUSS :thumbs2:

nylyon

I can't make it on Friday either and Sunday is Football in Ansonia.

fireman

Karl,

I know Steve(SteveBo), John(Wallfish), Vin(VinsRJ) and myself will be there on Saturday for sure. I will be there Friday and Saturday. We were gonna camp out Friday night but it supposed to rain so not sure if that's going to happen. I think Chris(Coadster32) is going to be there on Saturday also. I will be there this Wednesday to secure a good spot (away from the rock crusher :thumbs2:). I'm going to try to get a spot in the main show area right by the food as you come in so look for us there.

nylyon

I will see you on Saturday then. So you have an area to show your tractors... Outstanding... I will look for you all, should be easy to spot.

stevebo

Unless it is raining Friday I will be there on Friday. I should be able to go back on Saturday as well. Planning on bringing my son's 58 RJ and my second 56 RJ I just got running. Maybe Saturday I will bring just one tractor :banghead:

@ Russ- I will not be there on Sunday. Maybe you can call me on your way up so we can figure out how to get you the tire changer. :thumbs2:

fireman

Our spot is reserved! Apparently they have people who reserve the same spot every year so the choice locations are already spoken for. I got the entire end of the middle row all the way at the far end. This way we will have exposure on three sides. There is a 10'X10' easy up there that will have a navy blue top. They just put in a new saw mill for this year and we are right across from it so we should be getting large crowds passing us by. My large easy up had two broken bars on it so I couldn't use it. I am going to try and replace them before Friday and have that one too just in case it really rains!

wallfish

That sounds good Jeff.

The hotel would charge me 1/2 to cancel the reservations so I'll be there Fri and Sat, rain or shine. My 10 x 20 canopy was torn by the wind at the big show so I have a good frame, if you have a good canopy. Also have a new 10 x 10 canopy to bring.

SALTYWRIGHT

I AM GOING TO BE THERE ON FRIDAY AND MAYBE SUNDAY RAIN OR SHINE. RUSS

:thumbs2:

stevebo

I will bring my 10x10 on Friday as well.

wallfish

Anyone interested in a hotel room for Fri night?

My father just called and bailed out on me so I have an extra room.