Sign in to follow this  
Nathan Werneburg

New guy with a 18 auto

Nathan Werneburg

Hello all I am new here. This is my first wheelhorse, but not my first lawn / garden tractor. But i did happen to come into a running and mowing 18 auto for 575 bucks so i sprung for it. And now im just going through it and doing the minor stuff for now to give it a run down. so far i did notice that it is missing two of the spring washers inside the pto. so if anybody has a set of these they are willing to part with id be interested, or if u know if they come as a set of four when u order them or weather the price is for each washer. next thing i have is im located in Iowa and i happen to be looking for a snow blade for this thing. i have a very nice 48 inch deck which is quiet and very rust free no rot some surface stuff. would be willing to trade if someone is interested. but im posting a pic of it i hope 294411_262237557130941_100000340957819_879019_704830845_n.jpg

298416_263114257043271_100000340957819_881983_2068699830_n.jpg

296421_264383673582996_100000340957819_885776_2105383627_n.jpg

looking for part 14-32

also looking for a gas tank or if someone has a cool aftermarket set up for a tank id be interested and well its a work in progress

Indy w h

Welcome to the madness !!

Indy

dgoyette

:thumbs2: and welcome to the D series club! I am sure you will find parts soon. You will like pushing with the dozer blade with that 18 auto. Best of luck finding one soon.

fabricator2009

:thumbs2:

JimD

:banghead: Nate, good to see you here. I don't have any help for you on the 18 Auto, but there are some D series Gurus around here I'm sure. BTW, there is a chat room here too, upper right hand corner of the page. :thumbs2:

Don1977

There are some repair kits that are used to clean and coat the inside of gas tanks. They will repair small holes in the tank. My friend used one on this A-Model. There is a tread here on here about them, but I can not find it.

rmaynard

looking for part 14-32

Those are part number 102923, and still available from Toro.

Pricey though.

HorseFixer

:banghead: :thumbs2:

Nathan Werneburg

ya i know the washers are still available from toro but at 12 bucks a pop i dont know about that thats why i was wondering if they sold em as a set of four but yes finding someone that has em for like 5 bucks would be awsome

Nathan Werneburg

as for the gas tank id love to repair it lol but it is missing has jd 111 plastic tank what it looks like bungie corded to the back was thinking about building another keg tank out of those heinikan mini kegs u can get just gotta find a keg again

Nathan Werneburg

also if one of the mods wanna help me but i cant seem to be able to resize the pic of the 18 auto to put it in my avaitar

rydogg

:thumbs2: I replied to your post on MTF about my D series snow/dirt blade, I am located in southern Minnesota. I will try to get it out and get a good picture of it today. Do you need the axle bracket that the blade mounts to?

Nathan Werneburg

where are these brakets located on the axel i will take a look just looked and the only brakets on the axel are the ones that run all the way up to the bottom of the seat pan. so i doubt if those are them

rydogg

Here is a picture of one I found on Red Square this is not the one I have I believe the one pictured is for a c series but it will give you an idea, look for the clamps they are the parts that are not painted.

rearaxlebracket.jpg

Nathan Werneburg

nope i aint got any of that on mine i have a qicktach point in the middle and up front only

rydogg

I just posted an ad for some D series attachments in the classifieds...check em out. :thumbs2:

earlleecliffton

:thumbs2:

AMC RULES

Man, those D's look like tanks. :thumbs2: Nathan.