Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsenut69

how small a engine????

wheelhorsenut69

i was pondering the idea of a two stage blower on a 12 horse tractor but dont know if it would have enough power it is a hydro so you could cheat a little. also i suppose a guy would have to beef up those spindles on there now and put some heavy duty spindlies off a newer model tractor on there. just day dreaming is all food for thought i would think the 2 stage would work the engine less than the single 40" i have now :D

Another dream i was having was putting a brand new 10 horse i can get cheap in a 520h tractor with a bad motor i can get cheap any thing that would not work with that combo :thumbs2: just wondering is all i thought it might make a good tractor or even putting a 16 hp single kohler in it but those are like bricks off gold around here with all the pullers in my area :banghead: let me now what you think? thanks this is"AMP" the wheelhorsenut69 :banghead:

mr.pipes

Somewhere I read or saw the HP recommended for the two stage and I think it was 14 and up. :thumbs2: There is a member here with a two stage on a C-120 and has some vids on youtube you could check out. Some have commented on the HP and he seemed to think the 12 was fine. :banghead: However, very recently he mentioned putting it on a 520 he is getting.

There is a 310 with a replacement 16HP onan on youtube with a 2-stage. Obviously I can't inspect his spindles but basically what I am trying to say is it all has been done.

You said the 12HP is a hydro. Do you have a larger HP 8sp? The 2-stage can be lifted pretty easily with the manual lift if that is an option.

HorseFixer

Nahhhhhh a 12 HP? :thumbs2: It don't work Very Good. :banghead:

DSCN2567.jpg

DSCN2569.jpg

DSCN2574.jpg

And At Night, with 720 LED Lights, Heated Cab, Quad Falsh Strobe, Modified Auger And

Motorized Chute U/D/R/L The thing is just plain Worthless. :banghead:

DSCN2753.jpg

DSCN2766.jpg

DSCN2764.jpg

DSCN2783.jpg

can whlvr

i think you would be fine as if you look at dukes it moves snow just fine,if its deeper you can go slower especially with the hydro,i use my c160 and a 414 with single stage and the 16 is really good once you get the hang of it,the 14 is also very strong but its a little harder to control speed on the 8 speed,a little clutch riding is needed here and there,so i would put a 2 stage on a 12 horse

HorseFixer

i think you would be fine as if you look at dukes it moves snow just fine,if its deeper you can go slower especially with the hydro.

Seriously as can whlvr stated It will work just fine! The only reason I am switching is I don't like the Fueling part of the C-120, And the curiosity of the Big 520H

in seeing how it Chucks the Snow has got me thinking. They make a fwd rev foot control kit for the 520H which will be a plus for my application cause my Chute

Controls are just to the right of steering wheel So my left hand will be steering right foot will be working the fwd rev and my right hand will be pushing the Rocker

Switches Directing the Chute Direction. I also like the Gauger's so I can monitor fuel, oil pressure and other details. So The C-120 will do you just fine you just

aren't gonna walk through drifts like a C-120 or blow it quite as far but do you need to? If ya PU that 520H I sure n hell wouldn't be putting a single stage on it!

Put at least a 16hp twin on it. Here is a picture of my Chute controls. Actuator, And Heater for Cab if your interested. :banghead:

Happy Chuckin! :thumbs2:

~Duke

SNOWMACHINE130.jpg

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/ho...WMACHINE153.jpg

x028.jpg

x147.jpg

wheelhorsenut69

I like i like do those led bulbs you put in the front lens fit right in a stock socket?? also does a charging system keep up with all those bright lights flashing??? thanks for the info im going to get a two stage and put on the elctro 12 just got back in been working on her all day struggling every peace on it first some one left me a treat when they broke a Allen tip of in one of the set screws on the drive pulley then the muffler pipe coming out of the engine had to heat it little by little cause i did not want to get it to hot and warp anything now just making the spacer up to mount the quick attach out the front of the old girl then retro my new 42 inch new style deck and i will have the style tractor i have been looking for and next i will be mounting my steel cab on her :banghead: i am not even half way done yet :thumbs2: i always have to go through this to get the tractor i want but what drive me is picturing it done exactly the why i wanted

chesbaycruiser

...The only reason I am switching is I don't like the Fueling part of the C-120, And the curiosity of the Big 520H in seeing how it Chucks the Snow...

Duke,

Just curious, have you worked out your heat arrangement on the 520 yet? Look forward to seeing the finished project!

CB

HorseFixer

...The only reason I am switching is I don't like the Fueling part of the C-120, And the curiosity of the Big 520H in seeing how it Chucks the Snow...

Duke,

Just curious, have you worked out your heat arrangement on the 520 yet? Look forward to seeing the finished project!

CB

Chris I have been thinking about it but will have to wait till I get it home. First, its getting stipped down (not completely) & freshened up like the 417A I did. I will then remount the engine get it running and then I will figure where the hottest heat and best airflow is on one of the engine shrouds. and then how to ducted into the Cab.

wheelhorsenut69 Posted on Yesterday at 10:42 pm

I like i like do those led bulbs you put in the front lens fit right in a stock socket?? also does a charging system keep up with all those bright lights flashing???

wheelhorsenut69 The Lights are not a direct replacement. These Halogen Lights were gutted then LED's Put in the best way for me to show you is go through my build.

Dukes Snow Chucker Build