Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsenut69

thanks for the info

wheelhorsenut69

i was told the 416 was a tougher engine because they did not have the rear valve seat issue but i think that if i find a 520 or 416 with the 48 inch side discharge deck with under 750HRs on the tractor if it runs good and mows good im going to get ether it is just a matter of finding it now. Plus :thumbs2: i always hit my mowers with the grease gun before a task and the air hose after so i hope when i find that special tractor i can keep it nice and have it for a very long time.. i was wondering also is the onan the only engine those style tractors used or is there some out there with my favrite name brand engine the Kohler?????? anyone have some more words of wisdom to speak to a rookie collector???? :banghead:

zieg72

The newer 416 1989 on up would have an Onan in it basically the same engine less horse power. The older 416's 1985-1988 had Kohler single cylinder K341. Onans are good if you keep them clean and good oil in them but expensive to fix if you drop a cylinder. I put a Kohler K341 on a 520H that Operator bought, ran strong. If you ever have a good running Onan it is hard to go back...