Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

Rear hitch ideas please

zieg72

Since the departure of my 269H I am currently a one tractor guy. I am looking for a stout hitch set up to pull my trailers around. I am looking for ideas. Right now I am using the stock hitch with a 2 inch step up bolted through it however with some tongue weight it really wants to move and I am afraid that it will bend or break the ear off the differential. It also needs to either not get in the way of mounting my tiller or snow plow...or some kind of quick release to take it off. I know, I don't want much do I. Thanks in advance. Pictures welcome. :thumbs2:

CRE1992

Here is what a fellow redsquare member did. Cole's Dad built this hitch, and helped me with ideas for my own hitch, it detaches with I believe 4 bolts. He talked about making more of them and selling them. You would have to contact him about it. If you wanted more strength, you could use the cast iron ear as an extra brace by welding and upward brace.

2011-07-08_19-34-39_533.jpg

zieg72

Might have to mount it lower due to the hydro filter, you got my wheels turning. Instead of bolting it, have clevis pins on top and the ear down low. Keep em coming guys, Thanks...

CRE1992

It will fit with the plow bracket, it depends what size angle you use and where you drill the holes, I made one for my 416H not completely done with it yet but it still fits fine, I used 2 1/4" X 1 1/4" and used the plow hitch to bolt up through.

shootinok

OK - I know you asked for rear ideas - But....:thumbs2:

This is a front hitch idea I've been trying to figure out for the same reason. I want to move trailers with a quick attachment.

It can't handle much tongue weight - as I said; still trying to figure one out.

One thing I might try is to add a couple "kickers" behind the front plate to push on the attachamatic plate, not just on the rod across the bottom.

6134296830_d997938dea.jpg

can whlvr

heres another like coles dad,i did this years ago and still have it,it attachs to the axle bracket and takes any 2 inch tube,from there you can fab anything to fit in it like my plough attachment,i can lift the rear plough or the front plow separately

012.jpg

Stigian

That's a serious looking rear hitch there Don..

I like your "belts and braces" approach :thumbs2: