Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Wheel Horse Deck Question

71_Bronco

Got an easy question for you guys.

Are decks supposed to hang from the lift when in use, or should they be riding on the wheels?

The reason I ask, is on my Bronco 14, my lift attachment points are all rigid. If my deck is supposed to "float", and ride along the ground on the wheels, then I will have the make sure the deck will be able to do so, and make sure it is not fixed in place to the lift.

I do not have the hockey-stick shaped lift bar under my tractor, only the "L" shaped lift arms. See the pics below for clarification of how mine is set-up.

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

Here is a pic of the "hockey stick" bar I do not have.

28KGrHqYOKpkE1qylIVHlBNt5DBgWv_1.jpg

Thanks

WH854

Got an easy question for you guys.

Are decks supposed to hang from the lift when in use, or should they be riding on the wheels?

The reason I ask, is on my Bronco 14, my lift attachment points are all rigid. If my deck is supposed to "float", and ride along the ground on the wheels, then I will have the make sure the deck will be able to do so, and make sure it is not fixed in place to the lift.

I do not have the hockey-stick shaped lift bar under my tractor, only the "L" shaped lift arms. See the pics below for clarification of how mine is set-up.

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

Here is a pic of the "hockey stick" bar I do not have.

28KGrHqYOKpkE1qylIVHlBNt5DBgWv_1.jpg

Thanks

Yes you will need that part :banghead: How do you lift your deck now :thumbs2:

Chas

71_Bronco

I haven't lifted my deck, that's why this question came across my mind.

I started to disassemble my tractor before I bought my deck (I know, stupid me), and never got a chance to check it out. The deck has a solid mount to the lift, so I am thinking it was set up for a tractor with a hockey stick lift bar.

The older decks I see, have a chain to connect to the lift arms, so the hockey stick part is by-passed.

I guess I have 2 choices, alter my deck so that it has a chain / flexible mount, or I can buy the hockey stick shape lift bar and keep the rigid mount on the deck now.

I'm sure I can figure it out, but I just wanted to make sure the deck was indeed supposed to float, so I can set it up that way when I re-assemble the tractor.

jdog_kustoms

you dont need anything else to put the deck on your tractor then what is on it is should have like a bent bolt on it the has a trunuion on it and it slided up and down to let the deck move

jordon

JUSS10

you could even use a piece of chain in a bind, that doesn't give you max height adjustment but since you have a bronco 14, you have hydraulics so there isn't a set "height" point like there is with a lift lever anyway, just lift till the deck sets off on the frame (if it works like all my older tractors)

Justin

CasualObserver

You don't need the t-bar (hockey stick) it likely won't fit your frame anyway. I don't see the pivot/mounting holes for it. It was for models later than yours. Like Jordon said, your deck should use a lift link with a sliding trunion.

71_Bronco

Ah, I understand now. I went out and took a look at it, and I understand now how it works.

Thanks for the info guys.

And as for the T-bar, yes, I agree, I do not see any holes for it to mount, althogh with the tractor down to the bare frame (as it sits now), it would not be too difficult to drill 2 holes for a T-bar.

jdog_kustoms

the t bar will not work with the old style deck you will need to get the newer style deck like on the 73 and up to use that

71_Bronco

the t bar will not work with the old style deck you will need to get the newer style deck like on the 73 and up to use that

Good to know, thanks for the info. I like the deck I have and don't want to switch it out just to use the T-Bar set-up.

Thanks all for the info!

WH854

Good to know, thanks for the info. I like the deck I have and don't want to switch it out just to use the T-Bar set-up.

Thanks all for the info!

:thumbs2: Sorry about the lift bar I was thinking about later model decks :banghead:

Here is a break down of a deck for 1971 Model 5-0600 36 inch Rear Dis It shows the hook up.

5-06661971.gif

Chas