Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsenut69

what is this worth

wheelhorsenut69

the tractor has a 20 hp onan that has 886 hours on it it looks really nice has hub caps nice paint and sheet metal needs a rear intake valve seat fixed on the back cylinder i was wondering what the tractor is worth and how much that repair would run me i like the looks of the tractor alot and can pull that motor if i had too but not sure how much it is worth sticking into it it is just the tractor no deck looked really nice though also would a 16 hp onan fit in that same chassis and what other motors might work i want to run a 48 inch deck with it if i get it

boovuc

A "P" Series 16HP Onan (from a Wheelhorse), will fit into that 520 just fine.

Something to keep in mind. A "P" series 20HP Onan with a rear cyl.valve issue is not uncommon. They are expensive parts wise and if this motor had the issue before, you can only oversize that valve seat so many times. I bought a 520H and came to know after I bought it that it cannot be repaired again if that exhaust valve seat goes. In other words, if you don't know the history of the motor, there is a slight chance that seat cannot be repaired. Just a word of warning. With a bad motor and no attachments, I wouldn't pay more than 400 bucks for it. Onan powered 400 and 500 series tractors are the best WH made when they are running. Broken motors are an expensive issue with them. Just my 2 cents.