Sign in to follow this  
jpmcleod

new to herd

jpmcleod

Bought a 418A this morning at a yard sale for $150.00 that has been setting inside for years. It is all complete with mower deck but missing one rear "Wheel Horse" hub cap. Maybe someone has a rear hubcap I can buy.

There was a nice Cub Cadet but passed on it as a friend of mine wanted it.

The owner is 82 years old and placed in a nursing home. His son is selling all his treasures. American Pickers should have been there.

I looked at the tag under the seat and it is unreadable as to the serial number. Is there another location?

Went to the photo gallery and only noticed a 1987 418A. Mine is identical just not as clean yet. Will clean it up and try to start it soon. It is too hot outside to care right now.

Is 1987 the only year or were there more years of production. It has the metal rear fender pan not the plastic.

I will try to take a photo later and for the first time try to go to photo bucket and post it along with some photos of my other tractors.

whfan74

Sounds like you got a great deal!

And yes, 1987 was the only year they were produced if I am not mistaken.

jpmcleod

Thanks. Washing it soon and will try Photobucket.

COMMANDO6

Waiting on pictures... :thumbs2:

pfrederi

The decal under the seat is the only ID..I know I got mine at an auction and the decal was unreadable...

Do the idiot lights (all 5) work?? the machine is a beast but the electrical system mainly the stupid idiot lights can be very finicky....

Wish mine was a 418 c...no idiot lights!!!

stevasaurus

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal Jerry. I too would like to see the pictures. :thumbs2: