Sign in to follow this  
davedean1949

chipper/shredder

davedean1949

Does any one know of a chipper/shredder that attaches to a 312-8 pto?

Forest Road

I have a mighty mac which I hang on mine. I used a mule drive as a mount. The chipper was on Craigslist for $30. So be patient. And keep your eyes open. It works much better han the 9hp mighty mac it replaced. And its sooooo much easier to move around.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...topic=20028&hl=

Lane Ranger

This is my Mighty Mac McKissic Chipper/Shredder:

100_8793.jpg

This is the piece that bolts on to the front frame to hold the shredder in place and a belt runs to the PTO pulley:

100_8345.jpg

100_8344.jpg

This shreder was made especially for a Wheel Horse tractor in 1971. I beleive it was on a Raider 10 model. MacKissic still makes shredders but they have motors on them now. This chipper/shredder is strong as it actually has a hammer mill chopping system that keeps the material in the shredder until it reaches a certain size.

Mackissic had three different size screens that went on this to reduce the size of the materials shredded.

:thumbs2:

shorts

I have the same Mackissick chipper/shreader that Lane Ranger has, I fabbed up a mounting bracket that fits under the front axle and into the front and center quick tach brackets to mount the chipper on. I also built a plywood box on a cheap Harbor Freight 4 wheel dolly to store the chipper and parts on, it's just the right height to make installation and removal a 1 man project.

• Like 1

sorekiwi

Not too much to add except to say that there are quite a few of the "stand-alone" Mighty Macs around, and as the others have said, it would be relatively easy to adapt one to bolt onto a horse.

MightyMacChipper.jpg

I havent finalized the details yet, but one day I'm going to mount mine on a dump trailer (still self powered) so it shreds into the trailer, and then I can dump the finished product where I want it.