Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

Picked up a 520h

mattd860

Two weeks ago someone local was listing a 520h with 60" deck with 660hrs for very cheap. Since Hurricane Irene was coming I had to prepare the house rather than pickup the tractor. So this weekend I decided to call the seller to see if it was still for sale - figuring it was gone for sure. However, to my surprise it was still for sale!!!

So I went at 4am Saturday and picked it up! It's very worn but will serve as a parts tractor just in-case something breaks on my other 520h. This 520h also has the gear reduction steering which will get transplanted into my non-gear reduced steering 520h.

Both the motor and the hydro are very strong. The tractor actually runs and drives perfectly but has been completely re-wired. Actually - if someone does have a wire harness for sale - please let me know.

Also - the model & serial number tags have been removed so I don't know the exact year. Can someone identify the year for me - maybe by looking at the motor tag?

The 60" deck with mule is in great condition and is for sale. The model & serial number is 78390 4900216. I'd like to get $275 OBO for it. SOLD

2011-09-05_10-08-55_363-1.jpg

2011-09-03_20-48-08_677.jpg

2011-09-05_10-10-50_733.jpg

rats nest wire harness

2011-09-05_10-09-38_528.jpg

2011-09-05_10-10-08_201.jpg

2011-09-05_10-06-22_458.jpg

2011-09-05_10-06-40_497.jpg

2011-09-03_14-29-13_655.jpg

HorseFixer

:thumbs: You Suck! :thumbs2: No Really I have been lookin & lookin just cant seem to find one for the right price and when I do the Mo is LOW! :banghead: Anyways nice find

and good luck with it! :banghead:

Cheers ~Duke

:D

fireman

That's not a bad machine at all. I wouldn't use it as a parts machine. Spend some time and clean it up and use it as a second worker.

Either way nice score!

Cody

I agree with fireman, i wouldn't part it out. looks like it is very savable. looking at the decals i want to say its around a 1992. (my 416 has the same decals and is a 92)

mattd860

Thanks everyone. I'd love to make it into a worker or restore it but i need a full wire harness.

refracman

Although its been butchered you can still get a OE style fuse holder and terminal ends for under $10 at delcity.net , you'll have to get the crimpers (# 990170 ) to but their ony $25. Thats were I get all my wiring products and fast shipping too! You'll have it fixed up in no time.

stevebo

I agree Matt you should part that out and send all the parts over to New Milford so I can put it back together and use it !! :thumbs2: Nice find...

Herbl

About that wiring that you think is bad. The PO changed the fuse holder (always a source of problems) to a separate waterproof fuse holdera, that's not necessarly bad as long as the connections they did are spliced well, just thought I'd add my two cents in, the original fuse holder wasn't water proof and is always a source of probems as the 520's got older and if it was used for snow blowing they went bad in just a few years (not being waterproofed)...

Thanks Matthew look forward to meeting you in the near future...

Raider12

:thumbs: You Suck! :banghead: No Really I have been lookin & lookin just cant seem to find one for the right price and when I do the Mo is LOW! :D Anyways nice find

and good luck with it! :banghead:

Cheers ~Duke

:thumbs:

I have to agree with Horsefixer on this one. I to have been turning the world upside down for a 520 and can't seem to buy, beg, borrow or even steal one. Good for you my friend, nice find. :thumbs2:

mattd860

I agree Matt you should part that out and send all the parts over to New Milford so I can put it back together and use it !! :thumbs2: Nice find...

LOL. I think my original post was misunderstood. I am NOT parting it out (other than selling the 60" deck). The good parts of this 520H will be transplanted to my cleaner 520H as needed. The bad parts from my cleaner 520H will get fixed and transplanted to the beat-up 520H. This will ensure I always have at least one running 520H. Sooner or later I will probably restore both 520H's anyways.

I agree that the fuse holders are better than the original but they still look terrible. I would rather replace them with the original fuse block and then find a way to waterproof it. Also - there are a ton of shorts and faults in the current wiring. The PO shorted out ALL safety switches, oil pressure switches, etc. There is also a mysterious fault in the starting circuit because 50% of the time, nothing happen when I turn the key. If I grab the 'rats nest' of wires and shake them a little while turning the key - the motor will start. Probably a loose connection in a wire nut. A wire nut should never exist on an outdoor machine like this!

Pollack Pete

How much for the 60 inch deck and mule drive???

mattd860

Can someone post a picture of the wiring area next to the battery? I want to see where the fuse block is positioned and how TORO positioned and mounted all the relays.

mattd860

Duplicate posting. See above - Thanks.

CRE1992

mattd560help.png

The lower circle indicates the 9 pin connector which would unplug to take the engine out so the whole harness wouldn't have to come off.

The other indicates the fuse panel, however if you look a little up and to the left you will see an automotive type fuse panel replaced it, probably because the original one was messing up.

This is a picture of my 520H btw..