Sign in to follow this  
Cody

LMR-304 Reel Mower

Cody

I'm trying to hook up my LMR-304 reel mower to my 854/HY3. The issue i am having is the gear box for the mower is hitting the hood when the pedal is released, does anyone have a manual i can download? Also if anyone has pictures if this mower or one similar please post them, it would help me figure this out. any advise is appreciated. Thank you

TT

There won't be much you can do about it with the longer hood.

The gearbox on my ST-3072 thrower hits the hood on my 704 and it's an inch shorter. :thumbs2:

Cody

Is this mower made to be installed on a 854 or should i put it on another tractor?

here are some pictures

P1010034.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010032.jpg

also is this the correct location for the key switch? i have the right one to replace the indak switch currently in it.

P1010037.jpg

tunahead72

Cody,

I don't know how to explain this....

I have a Parts List and Instructions for the LMR-304, with a photo that shows it installed on an 854. :thumbs2:

I know this document is available in the Yahoo Wheel Horse group, it may also be available at MyWheelHorse.com. I'll send you a copy in a PM, you can at least tell if you have it mounted properly.

Hope this helps!

wallfish

In the 3rd pic down there is a mechanical stop, the small piece of angle bolted to the gear box. Could you just make a new one that is long enough to stop the box from touching your hood?

Cody

That is something i was thinking about, the picture doesn't show it well but the stop is actually a 1/4" or more away from touching the bracket. i had tried spinning it around in different positions but nothing had worked.

As you can see i had to try the mower out and i have to say its a neat piece to use and cuts quite well.

hounddoghundzsa

I had one that I just sold, it was on a 552. It hit on the hood too. I like the stopper idea.