Sign in to follow this  
oldnugly

Need info on manual PTO pin

oldnugly

I have two 1974 "C" series 8 spds. The C-160 uses a 1/4"dia latch type pin thru the PTO. The C-100 and my 1972 Charger10 have 'improvised' 5/32" dia. pins and it's a tight fit. The C-160 has a lower serial number than the C-100.

Is the pin size is related to the HP?? There is a pin on beeBay right now but it's 1/4" dia . Does anybody have a couple 5/32 pins or know where to get them?

SousaKerry

I'm no expert but I believe the smaller holed ones used a large hair/hitch pin as for the larger 1/4 inch one save the shipping money they are available at any farm store for a couple of bucks.

truckin88

Lowes has them as well

BOWTIE

HELLO, I TRIED ONE FROM HOME DEPOT AND THE LARGE END WOULD RUB THE PTO DRUM. TRY TO BUY THE CORRECT ONE OR USE A 1/4" BOLT WITH A STOP NUT. I USED A LONGER BOLT AND CUT IT OFF SO IT WOULD HAVE SMOOTH SHANK WHERE GOES THRU THE BUTTON. IT'S BETTER THEN HAVING IT RUB THE DRUM. HOW OFTEN DO YOU REMOVE THE PIN ANYWAYS. JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

BOWTIE IN COLUMBUS

truckin88

lowes clears, I just put one in last night

WH854

HELLO, I TRIED ONE FROM HOME DEPOT AND THE LARGE END WOULD RUB THE PTO DRUM. TRY TO BUY THE CORRECT ONE OR USE A 1/4" BOLT WITH A STOP NUT. I USED A LONGER BOLT AND CUT IT OFF SO IT WOULD HAVE SMOOTH SHANK WHERE GOES THRU THE BUTTON. IT'S BETTER THEN HAVING IT RUB THE DRUM. HOW OFTEN DO YOU REMOVE THE PIN ANYWAYS. JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

BOWTIE IN COLUMBUS

I agree I have tried those after market pins, they just look pretty, they are made the wrong way. Invest in a good Wheel Horse P/N 111314 cost about $12.00 frim Toro, But your headache will be over :thumbs2:

Chas

bigd

i have pins from tractor supply in all mine no problems