Sign in to follow this  
dpm2000bolt

Diesel C141 is acting Funny

dpm2000bolt

I was mowing and it just started not being able to turn well as if I had a posi rearend, I jacked it up and something just does not look right when spinning the tires one at a time by hand. Once in a while it makes a faint popping. what should I look for?

Is it better just to shop for a new rearend?

it is C-141 8 speed

racinfool40

Hard to tell with the info you have gave already??? With the rear end in the air, spin one wheel does the other spin opposite or the same direction??? you menchioned a popping sound can you tell were it's coming from?? Front of tranny or the rear..Let us know and if all else fails I do have a rebuilt 10 pinion AND a good 8 pinion if ya need one..I'm just south of you about an hour and a half... :thumbs2:

dpm2000bolt

that is when I am getting confused, the tire most of the time will spin the opposite direction. Sometimes only one tire will spin and nothing else will spin. when i was trying it it was not in gear.

Racinfool what are rear ends going for? rebuilt or bone yard?

racinfool40

Pm sent..Well to me sounds like differential problems..your C-141 should have an 8-pinion and the wheels should spin in opposite directions when raised off the ground and in neutral. Might be time to pull the tranny and split the case to really see whats going on inside. :thumbs2:

Kelly

I agree, sounds like the diff is going, but can't say for sure, as for price, I've been selling 8 speeds right along for $100 complete, that is hubs and all, most I sell need oil changed and could use seals, I even pull the hubs for some people.

CRE1992

I agree, sounds like the diff is going, but can't say for sure, as for price, I've been selling 8 speeds right along for $100 complete, that is hubs and all, most I sell need oil changed and could use seals, I even pull the hubs for some people.

Hey Kelly wanna fly out here to NJ and pull the hubs on my 414-8? :thumbs2::banghead:

:banghead:

dpm2000bolt

thanks Kelly,

I will keep it in mind as I think i may have a few in a bone yard not far from the house, I do know where you live :thumbs2:

Kelly

Hey Kelly wanna fly out here to NJ and pull the hubs on my 414-8? :thumbs2::banghead:

:banghead:

You pay for the ticket, and buy dinner you have a deal. :D

can whlvr

in my opinion its good to have a spare tranny,if you get another one,install it and then you have time to fix the other one if it an be,and you dont have to be in a hurry

dpm2000bolt

thanks to Racinfool40 found it was not the 8 pinion but a 4 pinion and the axle gear was missing half of the gears. I got a 8 pinion in it now and it is running great.

racinfool40

:thumbs2: Glad everything worked out Dion!!!!!

sgtsampay

Great to hear that its back up a running. Wow, now how would someone loose half a gear I wander. Hmm.

hm12460

Possibly the 4 pinion rear couldn't handle the torque of the diesel.

stevasaurus

I just got to say after reading this thread. You can pick up used transmissions all day for $50 to $100 that have not been split and you do not know what you are getting...but if you are getting one that has been split and the seals replaced...you know what you are buying and it will be worth a little more. :thumbs2: