Sign in to follow this  
Night4wolves

Flat hood S-24 Speedex

Night4wolves

Hi everyone, was wondering if any of you could help me out? I had bought a two speed S-24 flat hood speedex tractor around 10yrs ago to help me put my lawn in and mow it, not long after I purchased a new mower and started to restore the speedex but lost interest now after cleaning it up painting it replacing the front tires and starting to rewire it but never finishing the wiring back then it's just been sitting in my garage. I paid $800 back then and she ran good too but now am onto other things and want to sell it, am not trying to get rich off it though what do you think would be a fair price today? I really don't know? I have another project am working on and could use the money for that I was thinking four or five hundred?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jake Kuhn

:thumbs2: do you have any pictures of your tractor?Jake

refracman

Around these parts a Speedy goes from 200 for a complete nonrunner but could run with a little work to about 550 for a nice runner, of course it all depends how good the drive train is on any price.

Couple of yrs back I picked a S 24 in good shape w/ plow and wheel weights for 350

Speed X's dont really command that much, never seen one go for more than 600 execpt for the lever steers, even thou they are fairly rare.

Night4wolves

I'll take some tonight thought it might help, also going to get her running again even if I don't complete the wiring so at least they can here it run and drive it. I have a plow and the mower deck but the deck is shot unfortunately, I covered it but left it out in the weather and the body rusted through after the years. Thanks again guys.

Night4wolves

To be honest am not sure if it's a S-24 at all but that was as close as I could come to the photos I was looking at? Hope this helps you guys give me an idea what it might be worth. I'm going to go ahead and finish wiring it up like new seeing as I have everything to do it and paint/ install the blade on it before I try and sell it I have a long weekend coming up anyway. I am hoping to get $400 for it at least so I guess it better be running good.

Photos: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=cf...3DAB89D!151

ironcitymadman

where r u at? :thumbs2:

refracman

NIce unit , running you should not have a problem moveing it with a 400 tag on it.

It looks to be a 70's model with the squared off fenders and has more of a real dash then mine had.

I see your in ohio, I could be inerested if your close enough.

Night4wolves

Well I wanted to say thanks guys for your input, am shocked to tell you the truth. I looked into it a little more and it seems I live about five miles from where the tractor was built (Ravenna, OH) , there seems to some type of sentimental value here? I was able to see quite a few like mine out this way ranging $450 for just the frame and motor, not restored to $1800 restored with a deck and plow setup. I found a nice mower deck to replace the one I trashed and I think am going to ask $800 and settle for $750 should go quick, though I would like to keep it now that I've played with it again!!LOL I told my wife I wanted to chrome plate the belt guards and starter and throw a custom paint job on it, her response: Bull crap SELL THAT F#&@ing THING or your not buying another thing for your Motorcycle!!! LOL Wives gotta love um there so much fun

Thanks again

and good luck with you hobby it seem like fun.