Sign in to follow this  
panther

axle seals

panther

how easy is it to replace axle sael on a c-111 11 horse eight speed axle and where would i get one :thumbs2:

WH854

how easy is it to replace axle sael on a c-111 11 horse eight speed axle and where would i get one :banghead:

Depends on how easy your hubs come off :thumbs2: That can be a job in itself,but if they come off easy, you can pick them out with a sharp pointed tool. If you do you will have to clean up the axle with some type of sand paper. And watch the key way for burrs. Toro P/N 100443 Put some oil on the axle and seal,you can use your hub to push it in, that is the way I did mine :banghead:

Chas

panther

my hubs are real easy to take off can some one help my where to get them at :thumbs2:

JimD

You can get them from Toro, and some say Napa auto parts has them, though I have had no luck with that yet. :thumbs2:

Coadster32

You can contact Kaman, or McMaster Carr, and give them the seal sizes. They usually have them in stock.

WH854

my hubs are real easy to take off can some one help my where to get them at :banghead:

The cross reference for P/N 100443 is C/R11050 I got mine from Applied Industries here in town most any bearing store may carry them. :thumbs2:

tarcoleo

Been lotsa discussion here on this subject in the past. Do a search and all your questions will be answered, the what- the where-the how. Don't mean to be mean but it is all in the archives and patience will get you the info.

Tom in RI :thumbs2:

mnWHfan

A good trick to do when reinstalling the seal is to put a piece of mashing tape over the keyway on the axle, apply a light film of oil, and then slide the seal into position. The tape prevents the keyway from cutting the lip of the seal.

Raider12

A good trick to do when reinstalling the seal is to put a piece of mashing tape over the keyway on the axle, apply a light film of oil, and then slide the seal into position. The tape prevents the keyway from cutting the lip of the seal.

Good tip with the masking tape, I learned this one the hard way years ago! :thumbs2:

panther

thanks for your help with every thing oh and thanks for that trick :D:thumbs2::banghead: :banghead: