Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

maybe a keeper ???

jdog_kustoms

found this on craigslist with no pics but she said the motor is between your legs and she can push it around and pull the motor over i said id take it and she said she thought it was a wheel horse as it had a wheel horse sticker on one side of the hood i get there and everything works as it should including the rear lift hitch so i said id take it find out its a rj58 with the factor model sticker on it i get it home replace the throttle cable and replace one front tire and rim and clean the carb add some gas and its alive

now it has my redneck engineering on the belt so i can drive it and it smokes a little and the engin surges asume thios is carb but i am curous what all i have that is not origonal i know the gas tank isnt and atleast the air cleaner it has a carter caberator on a kohler k91 and i beleive iot has the wrong seat

here are some pics and one pic has my son and as you can see all he does is smile when he sees it

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

mavfreak

not bad at all! :thumbs2:

buckrancher

looks pretty good Jordon yes the seat is wrong and I have the right one if you would like to trade the square one for it

kohler k91's did find there way into RJ's I have one .The carter carb is right

the upside down oil bath air cleaner is correct for a kohler K90 but I

believe the round paper air filter setup was on the K91's (same as the K161 7hp motors)

also the drive belt setup is incorrect (3 pulleys not four) ca'nt say about the gas tank but the cap is wrong and is the on off switch under the steering wheel

muffler is also piped too short and wrong style

missing both drive belt guard and muffler pipe heat shield

Brian

Calebintn

I think the little guy in the picture has claimed the RJ, you gotta keep it now.

Great find

Horse'n Around

I saw that listed as well. It looks like it would be a good one to fix up. Awesome!

WHRNaddict

Sure is a nice find, you don't see opportunitys like that in the south. Would have an intrest in it if you decide to part with it.

MikesRJ

Nope, that one is certainly NOT a "keeper". That one there is a "shipper". As in, "Ship it to my house!" :thumbs2: Nice score. :banghead:

sned

Jordon just in time to stick it in the mail with my axle. :thumbs2: real nice I am jealous.

Jake Kuhn

thats a very nice :banghead: Definately a keeper :thumbs2:

VinsRJ

Nice looking RJ and a good start for a resto! :thumbs2:

Having the original serial tag is a big plus IMO.....

MikesRJ

Jordon,

Can you read the serial number on the tag? If so, post the number. Also see what code is cast into the transmission housing next to where the shifter shaft enters the transmission. Post that as well.

RJ-Tranny.png

jdog_kustoms

my seriel looks like 4883 ??? not 100% on the last number or might be missing some

and there is no numbers on the rear casing and is the brake drum supposed to have like a sintrifical sp[ring set up in it or just a big metal drum ???

fabricator2009

:thumbs2: Good score.

wallfish

is the brake drum supposed to have like a sintrifical sp[ring set up in it or just a big metal drum ???

Just the brake drum. Got any pics of this spring drum setup thing?

jdog_kustoms

pics of spring drum thing

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

jdog_kustoms

any one see this before