Sign in to follow this  
m2424j

Mule Drive Mud/ Irrigation pump

m2424j

:banghead: Anyone every made a mule drive mud or irrigation pump? This could be a handy attachment for the weather we are currently having on the East Coast. I have rented a small engine mud pump to empty out a basement after it flooded. It worked great. A pump like that would be a great application for a wheel Horse mule drive. Just a thought while waiting for the hurricane to hit Maine. :thumbs2:

mavfreak

Sounds like it would work, not surprised someone hasn't done it yet.

Stay safe if your in the storms path!

Anglo Traction

Well that's spooky!. In amongst the run down overgrown/outbuildings of a property I now look after, I found an old Slurry/Sludge Pump (Electric Motor driven).

I have not had the time to extricate it from it's resting place yet, but I have been told I can have it. As there is a Pond in the Grounds that needs to be drained and deepend, I said if I can get it working, I'll do the draining with the Pump on the Raider 12. It should only need a few Mods and it still has the Brass Strainer on the rotting Hose.

So yep!, it's a good idea, I'll take a pic of it's condition on Tuesday and post it.

Anglo Traction

Here is the neglected Pump with 'Pick-Up' Strainer I intend to mount on the front. I can't tell yet if the Pump Body is Brass or Bronze. It's been left here for over 20years.

DSC00608.jpg

Good thing is, it still has the Pulleys, so I can work out the operating RPM for it.

DSC00609.jpg

m2424j

:banghead: Now that's just awesome! I knew someone would have a belt driven mud pump. You may have to change the belt pulley size to get the rpm's to make the pump effective. I would be interested in the model number when you get it to work.

We lucked out with the storm but many others didn't. I've been setting employee's up with generators the last few days. Some people just got their power back today. Some still don't have it. It feels good to help people out. Nice find with the pump. That's going to be a beauty. That will be a handy addition to the implement collection. Happy building! :thumbs2: