Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Horse Kid

Killed my Wheel Horse. Need some help.

Wheel Horse Kid

So the other day I went out and was going to start my Wheel Horse pulling tractor (I am not the original owner, but I think that is a 1045, it has a 10 hp K Series Kohler). Well, I had a hard time getting it started, the fact is, I never could. The starter generator was turning the motor over (it was having a hard time doing that), but it would never fire. It seemed like the belt was slipping, which does not make sense as I have the right belt on it. Well, after trying probably too much, she just all and up quit on me and now nothing happens. I might have fried the ignition switch, but am not sure. Also, I am sure that I do not have a dead battery.

Any help would be appreciated!

02sierra

if you find a wiring diagram for whatever tractor it is you can find the input off the input and out put for the solenoid and see if you have continuity between those two wires use a multi meter thats how to check the switch. if thats good move on to the solenoid to do that i beleive go from the output side with one lead of the multi and put the other lead on the plus side of the batt see if you get voltage there. then from there i dont know im not familar with the starter gen so try that and ill see if i can figure out the rest or if someone else will post. by the way my info may or may not be right i think it is but im not standing in front of one hope this helps.