Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Such-A-Thing As A Wheel Horse Stump Grinder?

71_Bronco

So was there one ever made? Or ever one made by another company FOR the Wheel Horse Tractors?

My dad had to rent one this summer to get rid of some stumps. After I got my Horse, I was thinking "How cool would that be to have a sump grinder mounted to the front of that?"

So, whats the word?

• Like 1

tbbahner

Yes, every time I forget to raise the deck high enough to get over them! :thumbs2:

Wheel Horse Kid

That is too funny! :thumbs2::banghead::banghead: :D

can whlvr

i have done this intensionally,to get rid of smaller trees,ya it wasnt the smartest thing to do since after about 15 years i had to replace the whole top of the deck,i also did it to some rotten stumps :thumbs2:

dodgeramsst2003

Well I'm not sure there was one ever made for a wheel horse, but I have seen some home made ones in use. My ex's dad took an old lawn edger and mounted the frame on the front of his old sears tractor. he fitted some blades onto it and it had hydraulic lift and swing. He told me he used it when he cleared his property for a house up north and it worked very well. I never got to see it in use, but it was pretty cool to look at. It definitely wouldn't hold up to everyday use, but for an occasional stump it should hold up fine.