Sign in to follow this  
dlpaw

Help, my air cleaner doesn't fit!

dlpaw

OK folks,

I need your help once again! I have a '62, round hood lawn ranger that the previous owner put an Tecumseh H60 into. The old hood mounts were broke and the hood loose when I got it, so I never noticed that when the hood was properly mounted, the stock Tecum air cleaner wouldn't fit.

Here is my original post showing the air cleaner style I have...it sticks out about 1/2" to 3/4" too far, and subsequently hits the inside of the grill...

Is there a quick and easy, (and hopefully cheap!!) fix for this, say an air cleaner off a different application that any of you can recommend?

Does the round filters of the larger Tecs fit this engine, and are they lower profile?

Any help would be appreciated!

Daniel

SousaKerry

My 655 has a larger diameter round flat filter on it reminds me of a large bore Kohler only much smaller, I wonder if that is the one you need?

Indy w h

Some of them teckys had a thick adapter between the carb and the block. If yours has that just remove it and replace the gasket

Indy

dlpaw

Hello Indy, yes i have a spacer, about 3/8" thick, but without it on the block, I have no screw holes for the carb, just two larger 1/4-20 holes that are clocked off of the horizontal, so my carb will not bolt directly to my block...

Kerry, I was wondering about the round flat filters myself...hopefully someone with an H60 in a roundhood could tell me what they had used. Any chance you have a picture??

Daniel

71_Bronco

I know this isnt exactly what you are looking for, but it might help. This is a pic of my 14 horse Kohler from my Bronco 14. I think this is the flatter style filter they are talking about.

IMG_3038.jpg

i was going to take a picture of the air cleaner on the H60 in my Lawn Ranger , then i realized that the answer is in your original post

here is your air cleaner:

img1546l.jpg

here is the air cleaner that sorekiwi posted:

IMG_1838.jpg

it looks like the air cleaner on mine , and as you can see is a lot shallower. i assume that it's the original as it clears the grille fine. yours must be from a different application , so you need to search the swap meets/ebay/etc for the correct one

dlpaw

Thank you!

Yep, that cleaner in Kiwi's photo looks like it will give me the room I need.....if anyone has an extra they would want to sell, send me a message please.

Daniel