Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDO1

EXAUST

COMMANDO1

Has anyone ever ran 1" pipe out the back of a WH k181 like a car exaust. What did it sound like and will that much back presure hurt the motor?

littleredrider

Thought about doing that on the 520/diesel. I'd think if you run straight pipe no muffler that would be OK. Also straight as possible, gentle bends instead of 90/60 degree bends.

As for sound, probly sound the same as a header, but would be behind and down, so wouldn't seem as loud.

SousaKerry

most of the Ford tractors out of the 50's and 60's were like that, a lot of those were converted to strait up because it kept too much heat in the engine and you would get vapor lock after a long day in the field. We had a Ford 960 that would vapor lock even after we put a vertical stack on it. But I wouldn't see why it would not work on a :thumbs2:

shorts

If you upsize the pipe 1 or 2 sizes and use mandrel bends the engine shouldnt feel the difference, their are also some majic mathematical formula's that are used by the header pro's to help tune the exhaust.

wallfish

TT did it on his hot rod tractor

COMMANDO6

For a while there I was considering doing pipes (pipe) on my commando. The way the Tecumesh is set up, the muffler blows the exhaust into the air filter! Weird. Also since I'm driving into the exhaust cloud, I smell like exhaust when I'm done. I haven't looked into the idea further, though, but it's one of those future projects I have planned.

Electro12WH

I thought of doing it on my Electro12, but there isn't enough clearance between the tractor and the mower.