Sign in to follow this  
23 Reo

Tach a matic

23 Reo

I would like to put mid and front Tach a matics on to my 1969 Raider 12.

1. What is the proper location for the mid Tach a matic? (where to drill holes)

2. What is the proper location for the front Tac a matic so it will have proper

clearance of the hood?

3. What belt should I use?

Any help will greatly appreciated.

David

mavfreak

:thumbs2:

I'm sure but I think it goes off of the frame length for the position of the holes. And as for the front I would bolt it on and see if it interferes with anything. Now for the belt once you fit everything a piece of string can be used then measured to give you a belt length.

smoreau

:thumbs2: I did this for my brother this spring. The mid tack-a-matic holes should be drilled in the frame already. As for the front, you have to cut the front plate off the front axle mount. Then weld on the front tack-a-matic and use pieces from the original axle mount to remount the hood. as for the belt, I used the standard belt for a c series tractor for the snow blower and deck. You will also need to mount a t bar under the tractor if you want to be able to lift a newer style deck. I don't have any pics of how I did all this, but when I was done you couldn't tell that it wasn't original unless you new a newer deck dose not fit on a 69 raider 12.

meadowfield

I'll second that - holes are already in the chassis for tach o matic. We have retrofitted a 71 raider.

CasualObserver

Here's how to put the front hitch on. ---> http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2819 As for the mid... it's not there already? :thumbs2: If not, the plates just bolt onto the frame right behind the front wheels. Look through the photo gallery pictures, (( 1965-1972 Gallery) you'll see plenty of them. (you can even see the right side in the last post in the front hitch link above :banghead: )