Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

The deal is done

6wheeler

The deal is done :thumbs:. To my surprise, the PO wanted my C-120 on trade, so we traded even up. No extra cash :banghead:. :banghead: The 520 runs very well and doesn't smoke. However, I think it does have some issues, so you 520 guys feel free to come in and help me. First off. I put my 48" deck on to try it and it mows well but, the PTO keeps jumping out of gear. Any Ideas on that? And, the guages didn't work and the headlights didn't either but while I was mowing , the lights came on and the guages all went full to the right :thumbs2:. I don't know what year it is but the model # is, 41200E02. And the serial # is, 1031260. Are these some common problems? It is kind of hard to operate the hydro when I am trying to keep the PTO engaged. I may have to get another hand if I can't figure it out :D thanks Pat

whfan74

For the PTO try adjusting your trunion that is on the threaded shaft. That should do the trick for you! :thumbs2:

boovuc

Your 520-H is a 1991 model. It would have the forward controls on the steering wheel and the forward swept axle that can mount the 60" mower deck.

The bushings on the PTO lever can wear out and can cause the PTO to "kick out". Is the lever loose? The trunion adjustment will fix a "kick out" in most cases.

On the lights and gauges, if that horse was rode hard and put away wet or just plain left out in the elements, there can be any number of electrical issues with the connectors that will cause lose of lights and hay-wired gauges. Disconnect the harness connectors and spray the crap out of them with electrical contact cleaner and see if that helps.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA