Sign in to follow this  
rickson

44 inch Two Stage Snowblower

rickson

I'm looking to buy a 44 inch two stage snowblower. My question is what are the things I should look for? The blower will be going on a 1994 520H.

Forest Road

I just got one. Make sure all of the parts are there. Download the parts and instructional manual to use for a reference. I tore mine apart. Its at the sand blaster now. By the time I'm done a $200 deal will probably be $500 - $700. But it'll be a new unit.

I knew mine was missing a lift rod and the assembly that acts as a bumper/cushion on the front. The PO gave me his lift rod to copy so I didn't have to spend $150 from Toro.

The bushings/bearing for the augers were shot. There wasn't any play in them because they were seized. The impeller bearing was still good BUT it was completely frozen to the shaft. Time wasn't on my side so I had to "forcibly" remove a few peices.

In the end it'll be worth it. But this is for use at the vacation house where 2' - 4' of sitting snow is typical and the single stage was just to short. I love my single and will be keeping it for use at our next home. If it were just for use at home where I can typically deal with the snow in a timely manner I'd probably just go with the single stage and my walk behind Toro Power shift 2-stage.The single is fast!!!! Economical to maintain too.