Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

Great day with my grandson

rmaynard

I found myself spending the day with my 7 year old grandson today. I was called into daycare duty as my wife is spending time with my daughter and our new 7 day old grandson.

When Ryan got to my house this morning he asked, "what are we going to do today Papa?". I said, "what ever you want". He said, "let's take a tractor apart".

So that's what we did. I wheeled the 1975 B-80 8-speed into the garage, handed him a 1/2" and 9/16" socket wrench and combination wrench and we went to work.

Here is Ryan working on the B-80:

763fbb35-1.jpg

We got the entire machine stripped to the frame.

All of the decent parts are going to be sold, so if anyone has a need, please let me know. I told Ryan that he will get a cut of anything I make.

The tractor is a 1975 B-80, 8-Speed, (1-0141).

smoreau

Know that is GREAT!! Getting your grand kids out of the house and away from the video games. Doing some great learning and working with there hands, I love it! When I was a kid I didn't have video games and I was always taking things apart learning how they worked. :banghead: as I got older I learned how to put them back together. :thumbs2: Great memories will last for ever!

Matt71

Thats awesome!!! I wish i owned a b 80 so i could buy some parts to help the kid make some money.

rmaynard

Getting your grand kids out of the house and away from the video games. Doing some great learning and working with there hands, I love it!

Both of my Grandfathers were gone before I was born. I regret that I never knew them. One worked on the railroad, and the other was a farmer and carpenter. I would have loved to learn from their experience.

My father was a mechanic and jack-of-all-trades. I learned from him most of the mechanical skills that I have today.

flyovrcntry

Great story,my only grandson lives 2 hrs from me.He spent 2 weeks with me this summer.I am retired and do mower repairs and repair and sell some.I also split the money with him,but mostly I wanted him to learn something and have the confidence to work on things.

Bradley is 12 years old and has been using my tractor for two years.It has the safety wired so if he stands it shuts off.I always have a few lawn tractors around and he always picks the 266H and shoves it to the wall.

Guys if you have kids or grandkids take the time to teach them,they will thank you later.

And by the way when I go any :thumbs2: will be his.Sorry no pics,(that was pretty dumb)