Sign in to follow this  
rojojr13

Electric lift off rear transaxle

rojojr13

Hi all,

I have an old electric lift. It was the type that attached to the transaxle was routed under the seat to the steering tower where it attached to the lift arm. It is complete and looks to be in decent shape with the exception of the motor. I took it apart and found that the brushes were basically gone. The contacts has also corroded off of the motor body. When I manually turned the drive the cylinder functioned correctly. This looks like it would be pretty cool to put on my plow tractor if I could get it working correctly. I will add some photo of the device tonight. Does anyone know if there is a rebuild kit available for the motor. If not should I try and get some brushes from a starter and try and make them work. Also the manual would be helpful if anyone has one. I am fairly certain that someone else made it for wheel horse.

Thanks for any imput.

Rojo

dodge78

I have gone to Ace hardware in the electrical section and found some brushes that have worked for some odd motors i have had. One I got some that were close but I filed the sides down to fit.