Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Shedding some light......

whfan74

Well Brian encouraged me to get our sign finally up and lighted in the barn. It is a nice two sided sign that hangs nicely in one of the windows of the barn. I only took a picture of it from the inside of the barn as it doesn't look as nice on the outside with a post in the middle and a screen on one half of the window.

Now this isn't just any sign to me. When dad had his dealership up in Michigan back in the day this style of sign was hanging in the show room window facing the parking lot. I have been on the look out for one for quite some time. This one actually came from a former employee that worked in the Wheel Horse factory in South Bend. It has one tiny crack that is hardly noticeable. The crazy thing is that he rescued it from the dumpster at Wheel Horse as it was still in it's origninal packaging!!! :thumbs2: Glad he rescued it and stored it nicely for about 25 years. We are now happy to have it with our collection.

Here it is all lighted up...........

WheelHorseSign.jpg

Also was able to finally find another Wheel Horse item that I was on the hunt for. This last weekend while I was picking up a tractor I took a detour and picked up this little Wheel Horse edger that was manufactured by Mclane. It runs great but will be on display now with our Wheel Horse walk behind mower.

Just needs to be cleaned up a little............

WheelHorseEdger.jpg

Wheel Horse Kid

Scott, that is one sweeeeeet looking sign!!

Man, it is hard to believe that anybody in their right mind would put that in a dumpster, but hey, some people can do some weird things. :thumbs2:

Sounds like it is bringing you a whole lot of happiness.

Wheel Horse Kid

By the way, that is a very creative title for your thread!

dclarke

Nice sign and edger Scott, a couple of hard to find items for sure. :thumbs2:

whfan74

Thanks guys!

Yes Taylor, hard to believe it was just going to be pitched. I am glad that it was rescued and appreciated for what it is.

tmix

Hey that might be a nice pic for the front of my plow. Nice find!! :thumbs2: tmix

whfan74

Thanks Tom! Go for it, use it as a template for your plow. If you do, would love to see it when it's done! :thumbs2: