Sign in to follow this  
Not2worried

Bagger option for a rear discharge ? ( c-161 )

Not2worried

I know I'm probably SOL on this.

But I love my Wheel horse C-161.

But due to its rear discharge, I have found no way to add a bagger for leaves...

Is there anything I can do to change the setup so I can use the mower to get rid of the leaves... (other then cut down trees).

DoctorHfuhruhurr

What about a tow behind leaf sweeper? There are some that can hold a fair amount of debris. Or several if you want to make a train.

136HTCH1.jpg

whfan74

We have used a tow behind and it works pretty well. But as you are realizing that is probably going to be one of your best options. Check your local Craigslist. They come up all the time and you can usually snag one up for a good deal.

bk-scouter

I think the tow behind sweeper is your only solution. It's less expesive than a vacuum bagger and a Trac-Vac. You can cut grass / leaves and sweep the lawn at the same time...

-BK

mattd860

I think the tow behind sweeper is your only solution. It's less expesive than a vacuum bagger and a Trac-Vac. You can cut grass / leaves and sweep the lawn at the same time...

-BK

You are definitely SOL and need to sell me the C161.

Just kidding - a lawn sweeper is your only option and works perfectly with the RD deck. You can hold out for a wheel horse lawn sweeper or find a cheap Craftsmen one which are for sale everywhere.

Carlsbarn

I have a 42 inch JD sweeper behind my 42 inch rear discharge and it works far better than the side discharge & power vac I used to use.Can go in tighter spots,picks up larger yard waste.less noise,no working on it to start or unclog chute

Wheel Horse Kid

I would agree that the sweeper would be your only option.

jay in nc

i use 42 or 48 s.d. decks till the fall then i switch to rear discharge and pull the sweepers. you can get a dethatcher that goes in front of the broom it works very well. agu fab & sears are identical parts come from ag fab