Sign in to follow this  
dodgeramsst2003

Work Horse By Wheel Horse, Finally got it home

dodgeramsst2003

I finally got my work horse home, it's either an 82 or 83 gt1848. I traded something I had no use for to get it, and it definitely has a rough body, but mechanically it's in fairly good shape for the year. If I need parts for this thing, what do I order from? 300, 400, 500 series? or will any of them work? Also I'm going to take off the tins sandblast and then paint. Which decals would you put back on? I'm planning on an all red tractor just like the "real" horses since I haven't been able to find anything but those decals. It came with a single stage snow thrower and that's really why I was interested. I plan on building an FEL for it next summer.

Horse Fanatic

The original GT1848 and other GT decals are being reproduced by a vendor on this site.

corn53

:woohoo:

rmaynard

Check your ID tag. It should be one of the following:

A1-184801, GT-1848 Twin Automatic Tractor, 1982

D1-184801, GT-1848 Twin Automatic Tractor, 1983

Parts for those tractors can be identified by using the above number to search any one of the many Toro parts vendor sites.

Some of the parts are the same as the 300/400 series, but not all.

kadetklapp

Welcome. In the Toro master parts lookup, you can search for the exact model under the '83 series riding products. I have an '84 GT-1800 that is in need of some major TLC, but I like the tractor overall. Probably will do a diesel conversion.

Also, vinylguy has a correct decal kit available.