Sign in to follow this  
JFS

1990 416-H

JFS

I want to change the fluid in this trans. I know how to drain it and I got an OEM trans filter. But refilling it don't you have to bleed in somehow? Thanks Jim

Hydro

I used to remove my left wheel. There is a bleed screw you can then easily access otherwise it will aways airlock and spill oil all over. There amy be other blead screws but this one is high enough to let you fill the transmission and not overflow. :woohoo:

JFS

Hi I have the left wheel off. Same side as the filter right? Where is the bleeder located? Thanks Jim

mr.pipes

There is a bolt about one inch to the left of the base of the dipstick that can be removed to vent the transaxle when filling. I usually have the fender off but believe it is accessible below the gas tank. Just make sure the area is clean so no contaminants get in the hydro. The hydro will self purge once running. It's doesn't need to be bled like a cars brakes.

312Hydro

There is a bolt about one inch to the left of the base of the dipstick that can be removed to vent the transaxle when filling. I usually have the fender off but believe it is accessible below the gas tank. Just make sure the area is clean so no contaminants get in the hydro. The hydro will self purge once running. It's doesn't need to be bled like a cars brakes.

Here is a good picture of that bolt. It can be removed with the tank installed,no problem. Thanks again,mr.pipes for giving me this tip ! :woohoo:

7f6249d3.jpg