Sign in to follow this  
kmurphympd

New Member from Central Indiana

kmurphympd

Hello, I've been lurking and learning on here for bit while trying to restore my grandpa's 72' Raider 14. I've been driving this tractor since I was about 4 so it's near to my heart. My granddad always told me to treat it well because he had it longer than he had me (the old horse is a year older than I am). Granddad passed away 20 years ago and my grandma finally let me take the horse to my barn about 2 months ago. I shot the original 14 HP Kohler about 5 years ago while mowing my grandma's place. It has now been replaced with a rebuilt second hand 16 HP. I am starting to go through the metal now and as soon as I find a rear render set I'm gonna paint her up and make it look pretty.

I hate to intro and then ask questions but I have an opportunity to buy "parts only" C-160 tractor with a factory tiller and I believe he said a 46" deck. Only problem is the 160 is about 70 miles away and I don't have any idea it the deck and tiller from the C-160 will fit on my raider 14. From the pictures the 2 tractors look very close but I was hoping if someone would be able to tell me for sure. I've alread asked about any numbers on the tiller and was told that he couldn't find any and I guess I wouldn't know what numbers my raider took even if he had any. Anyway, any help on this would be appreciated. Also if any member is in the area with parts or attachments for saleor that will work I would be interested as well. Good advise and conversation always welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Kenny :woohoo:

Sparky

Welcome Kenny!

The attachments with the C-160 wont fit UNLESS your tractor was outfitted with "Attach-a-Matic" brackets for hanging mower decks, snowblowers and tillers etc..... Attach-a-Matic brackets came out on the 1973 tractors if I remember right but your 1972 tractor should have the same frame so you might be able to swap the C-160 brackets onto your Raider. If they can be used on the Raider then the original Raider deck will no longer fit tho.

The C-160 deck should be a 42" or 48" unit.

Mike......

:woohoo:

shorts

:woohoo: if you put your location in your signature info it would be easier to find local parts and help

wh-jason

I've got a decent set of fenders if you wanna come up to Peru you can have them.

wh-jason

Oh yea, almost forgot. :woohoo:

W9JAB

:woohoo: :D

mavfreak

whfan74

Sounds like you have a real keeper for many reasons. Keep track of the event section and try to make it up to our meet and greet on Oct. 1st. I bet you might find what you need there.

bitten

Hello and :woohoo:

earlleecliffton

Kelly

CasualObserver

Jake Kuhn

HorseFixer

:banghead: :thumbs2: