Sign in to follow this  
Kingwood990

Roxboro NC tractor show Sept 17-18

Kingwood990

Well being that there is quite a few members from NC how bout a get together? The show is Sept 17-18. I will be going on the 17th. I am going to bring the 244-H mostly because it runs and I don't feel like pushing around any of my non red tractors.

jbumgarner

I will be there on the he 17th and maybe staying over to the 18th. I hope to bring my WalkAway with sulky and possibly my 702. I hope everyone from NC and surrounding area will come out. It should be a great time. Hope to see ya'll there.

:woohoo:

Kingwood990

I will be there on the he 17th and maybe staying over to the 18th. I hope to bring my WalkAway with sulky and possibly my 702. I hope everyone from NC and surrounding area will come out. It should be a great time. Hope to see ya'll there.

:woohoo:

Hope to see you there Jeff. Just look for a little 244-H it should be the only one there.

jay in nc

jennifer & i will be there planning on the 17th dont know about a tractor yet , don't think the commando v16 will be ready but might bring it anyway ,possibly the a81 r.e.rider to tool around on. see ya there, jay :woohoo:

Kingwood990

I hope to see you there Jay. I will have to come a little late on the 17th. I got classes in the morning so it will be around 1pm or so before I will be there. But I do live with in 30 minutes of the show so I might come on the 18th as well but might bring a different tractor if I have one that runs.

krazy_horse

Hello, I am intrested in any info. on the show. Tractors and parts for sale? Repo parts? Food venders etc. Thanks in advance. Jim :thumbs2:

Lane Ranger

19th Annual Flat River Antique Engine and Tractor Show

Feature:

Show runs from 9/17/2011 to 9/18/2011

Directions: Optimist Park, Hwy. 501 south towards Durham, right onto Patterson Dr. to 627 Patterson Dr. on left.

PersonRoxboro NC

Joel Walker

Roxboro NC

(336) 597-9291;

:thumbs2:

Read more: http://www.farmcollector.com/show-director...7#ixzz1X5WVQKES

I'll be there. Might bring one of my rusties, maybe not - depends on if I dare use my ramps again. I get vertigo quite easily. I know I'll kill myself loading a tractor one of these days. :thumbs2:

jbumgarner

A couple weeks ago I contact Joel Walker by email, and his wife responded and told me the show had been cancelled. I wanted to make sure everyone knew this, and don't waste a trip. Anyone can give Joel Walker a call and confirm that this is still the case, but I am planning on going to a show in Monroe that weekend, and others are heading to Va. for another show.

mowinman2

A couple weeks ago I contact Joel Walker by email, and his wife responded and told me the show had been cancelled. I wanted to make sure everyone knew this, and don't waste a trip. Anyone can give Joel Walker a call and confirm that this is still the case, but I am planning on going to a show in Monroe that weekend, and others are heading to Va. for another show.

Hey guys, 1st time poster, long time lurker. I just wanted to suggest the Monroe show as well. Its being hosted by Ralph Funderburk, and its his first show to hold. Everyone in the community is trying to support him and get a good local show going. Im part of a garden tractor club in Monroe, and we plan on being there with everything we've got. I would imagine 50 GTs from just our club alone.

Unfortunatly, I wont be able to make it due to prior committments, but I hope some of you can since the show in Roxboro has been cancelled.

I hear there will be plowing, pulling and showing all going on. Im sure there will be some swapping of parts as well.

Here is the address to the show. Enjoy. 1631 Stack Road, Monroe, NC

Kingwood990

Yes the show has been cancelled. I have been scouting out a good place in the Durham region to do a meet and greet in October. I think I found a good place I just don't know if they would let us do it.

jbumgarner

Kingwood, How about we plan for the last weekend in October. I have seen several post of folks that can't make it the weekend of the 15th. I'll throw out the tenative date of 10/29/11. Any objections let us know and we should be able to work with most schedules. Hows that sound. If your place in Durham doesn't pan out I work for a small town and we have a park with plenty of open ground, picnic shelter and good parking that would work out for a M&G.

jay in nc

last weekend in oct. is grand. we will come to either location you decide on. i also posted on redsquare herd. jay in nc. n. johnston county nc. :thumbs2:

mowinman2

If you would prefer to meet at a show, there are 3 good ones you could choose from in October.

Oct 7-9. Cotton Ginning Days in Dallas NC. One of my favorites

Oct 14-16 Stumptown Tractor Show at Killian Farms in Denver NC

Oct 22-25 WNC Fall Harvest Days at Agricultural Center, Arden, NC also another of my favorites. Lots of good treasures to look at.

jbumgarner

I am up for any of the events. If that works better for everyone I think that would be a great idea. How does everyone else feel about that. Even if we don't I think I may plan on going to a couple of these shows. I had forgot about the shows in Denver and Dallas, to live down that way. Thanks for the reminder.

jay in nc

all three of those shows would be cost & time prohibitive for me to attend & bring tractors . although i would have to go to pick up the angel tractor or the other raffle tractor if i won them. tickets bought at its got to be nc. festiville at the state fairgrounds in raleigh. jay in nc.

Kingwood990

The closer to the Durham area will be the best for me. My truck is a little thirsty if you know what I mean.

If any one has any questions please email me or jbumgarner.

Red Horse

Hey is this event still on or ???

Kingwood990

Hey is this event still on or ???

Hi Red Horse we have been planing a meet and greet on October 29th. We were going to have the meet and greet in Roxboro at the show but the show got cancelled. jbumgarner and I have been trying to figure out a location. So far I believe we are going to have the meet and greet at my place. It is in the Durham area. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Kingwood990

A little update. The meet and greet will be October 29th at my place in Bahama NC. Any one intrested in coming please email me or send me a PM with any questions.

We will have an area set up to plow depending on ground conditions. This area is plowed once a year so it is easy plowing.

There will be food (burgers, hotdogs). Also please bring your own chair. I do not have enough here so if you want a place to sit you are going to have to bring it.

jay in nc

my wife, jennifer & myself are planing to attend and are looking forward to meet many un met :banghead: friends thanks kingwood for hosting the event! :thumbs2:

Kingwood990

my wife, jennifer & myself are planing to attend and are looking forward to meet many un met :banghead: friends thanks kingwood for hosting the event! :thumbs2:

Any time Jay.

If any one has any questions please email me.

Kingwood990

A little update. The field has been prepped for plowing. With that said please bring your plows.

As for food and drinks I will have burgers and hot dogs on hand. As for pricing the burgers will be 2 dollars a peice or 3 dollars for 2. Hot dogs will be a dollar a peice or $1.50 for two. As for drinks there will be coke and maybe pepsi in cans. They will be 75cents a peice. I am only doing this so I will be able to cover my expenses for the food and drinks.

jbumgarner

Sounds good to me, what time are we gettings started and what is your address.

c-ya on the 29th.

Kingwood990

Sounds good to me, what time are we gettings started and what is your address.

c-ya on the 29th.

The time for the event is going to be 1pm on the 29th. It will end when ever the last person leaves. To any one that wants my address please email me or shoot me a PM.