Sign in to follow this  
Forest Road

Dual Stage refurb

Raider12

I tend to agree with Charles on this one. I have seen different videos on snow blowere before and after adding this kit. I think for $30 it's a good investment. I need to throw the snow as far as I can. My neighbore across the street has one ugly tree that is leaning so far over it's almost horizontal. I want to load it with ALL of my snow this winter to finish it off. Then she will have to do something with. :thumbs2:

fabricator2009

Very nice. :thumbs2:

John T

Beautiful

Forest Road

Back when I started this project I priced a new lift rod. It's over $100. So I contacted the PO who was nice enought to loan me the rod off his other blower. Its not perfect. But it works!

Hopefully I can get to the last couple of details this weekend. Then its off to the Adirondack Park!

2011-10-05_18-19-12_916.jpg

massey

Sweet job on the re-do. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Kevin, that thing looks Sweet :thumbs2: I think next year Im gonna do mine? Presently it looks pretty good, but I think she could use a Deep Down do it right paint job and new decals. These things are too exspensive not to take care of.

~Duke

Thanks Duke

I paid $200 for the unit. I'm happy with the quality of the work. But dam costs ran away! I'm confident once winter hits my back will appreciate theses efforts.

I checked out your videos concerning the rubber on your impeller. Where did you get the rubber? Truck sidewall?? Do you feel it has made a significant difference?

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin, I dont know how I missed this :banghead: But I got the corded rubber from an Industrial supply store in my area. I used stainless steel back up plates prolly 3/16 thick the corded rubber is prolly 1/2 thick. Make sure the sizes are as close as you can get them and weigh everything with a gram scale so all is balanced.

MAKE A DIFFERENCE???? Oh my god you wont believe it! Say goodbye to plugged chute (It never has plugged once in 2 years of operation) and thats blowing slush!

Forest Road

Finally!!! I was able to travel north this Sunday and install the blower on my 314H. One of my friends was up for the weekend and able to help me unload it. There was a Brooklyn sounding "Duuuude" once he saw it mounted on the tractor. I'm looking forward to some snow this year! Although with another child set to make its debut in February I doubt I'll be up there much.

I also added another weight rack to this tractor. It now has 4-40lb suitcases hanging off the rear. And about 90lbs per tire.

Thanks for the help and encouragement!

Duke I'll see how it goes this year without the rubber flaps. Although I'm strongly considering it for my at home blower.

And for the curious. That's a Gravely 48" plow mounted on a WH frame. I cut 8" off the top. Let's just say this one doesn't flex. Now I need to reinforce the trans plate.

2011-10-09_11-36-45_756.jpg

2011-10-09_11-36-53_642.jpg

2011-10-09_11-36-26_907.jpg

2011-10-09_14-56-03_93.jpg