Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Northern Indiana Meet & Greet

whfan74

Well we are just over a month away and the responses I have received have been really encouraging. Hope you will make plans on attending. Have some special things planned this year! Check back for more updates!

Wheel Horse Kid

Really looking forward to it!

whfan74

ONLY 45 DAYS!!!!!!!

I am excited to say that we are quickly approaching our 2nd Annual Meet and Greet (Show) in Leesburg, IN. I can honestly say that the response has been very overwhelming with those that will be returning this year as well as those that will be making the trip for the first time.

The event will be held from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. at the site of my parents property. Those of you that were able to attend last year know that we have plenty of room for more tractors to be on display. Parking is not a problem, so bring your trucks and trailers loaded with your equipment. We were very fortunate to have 75 tractors on display last year. Remember they do not have to be a trailer queen. We do not discriminate against brand of tractor or the condition of the tractor that you have. Bring them all! :woohoo:

If you have some extra room, feel free to throw in some swap meet items. There will be people there looking for things to buy/sell/trade. We will have a seperate area designated just for swap meet items. Understand that this will be a Wheel Horse dominant show but there will be many other brands on display this year. We may have different colored tractors, but we all share the same passion!!!

I know that some of you will be traveling from quite a distance and have asked about camping. You are able to set up on the property either Friday night or stay until noon on Sunday or both. We appreciate your enthusiasm with wanting to be part of our "show" There are no hook ups on site, but we do have space. If you prefer there is a very nice campground with full hook ups or primitive camping just 10 minutes down the road.

I am planning on having the wagon train going again for the kids. My two children will be on site for a lot of the time enjoying the festivities (5 & 2). We just ask that they are not climbing on other collectors tractors out of respect for their machines.

Since things seem to be growing this year, I am trying to add a few more things to the show. Details will come at a later date when I have everything nailed down. Please keep checking back for updates.

Some of you goofballs were chilly last year, so I am working on getting some picnic tables for you to burn! :D Want to make sure we are prepared. If for some reason we can't keep the fire burning, I am sure Steve will bring some anti-freeze to share! :ROTF:

If you are planning on attending, please hit the email button near my name and shoot me an email. I will in turn shoot you back a flyer for this year's event with a very generic map with address located on it. It is very helpful to get an approximate count so that food can be covered. As far as food goes, we just ask for a donation. We don't require anything out of you but we appreciate the help in trying to cover the cost for the food and port-a-potty. :D

If you have any questions........please feel free to contact me.

October 1st will be here before you know it!

fabricator2009

Scott, did you remember that October 1st. is the first day of deer season. Not to worry, I'll still be there.

Lane Ranger

Scott: We will have some tractors snf four of us --- Clifton, David and Lane Ralph and Don Redding at the meet and greet!

We are looking forward to it and sure want to see Martin Howard's 1054 tractor!

:thumbs2:

whfan74

Scott, did you remember that October 1st. is the first day of deer season. Not to worry, I'll still be there.

Deere or Deer season???? :thumbs2:

Glad you will be able to make it Ken! Hopefully they don't send you across the country this time and bring you home in the wee hours of the morning the day of.

Lane, that is fantastic that you will be bringing the entire clan and some tractors as well. You will be impressed with Martin's 1054. I saw it up in Charlotte and it is a beautiful machine!

Indy w h

Well Scott it looks as though I gotta work :thumbs2: so I might miss the event

Indy

Jim_M

I'm going to try to make it, but I'll probably be bringing a Cub Cadet. I have a pull later in the day so it will be loaded already. Don't shoot at me.

whfan74

Dang Marshall that is disappointing! Vacation days right???? :thumbs2:

Jim, I am glad you will be able to make it. Don't worry there will be other brands of tractors there this year. I like them all but prefer my Horses. I can appreciate the engineering or lack there of the other brands. Load up them up.......we have room for them!

wheel-mule

I'll try to make it this year.I'll bring some swap meet stuff and a tractor or two.Have to see what I can get in the trailer.

whfan74

That's great Chuck! Keep me in the loop. We would love to have you and think you will have a great time this year!

is anybody from Minnesota going to this show? if so , could you pick up something and haul it back for me? i'm willing to through in some gas $$$$

Curmudgeon

It will be a stretch for me to make it, but if I have good reason to, I'll try.

There is a snowblower and mower deck on Craig's list, http://dayton.craigslist.org/grd/2617331275.html That is WAY too far for me to go, but if someone wanted to buy those, it appears it's $175 for both, and bring them to this Meet and Greet, I WILL be there to get them. The mower deck could be for sale once there.

Also, I have some D stuff, 3-point mower, front blade, wheel weights, and maybe turning brakes if I can get them off in time to bring IF there is interest. I'll list them in the for sale section.

Please email me at thirdroc17@yahoo.com if you are interested in helping me out. THANKS!!!

wheel-mule

Thanks Scott

I had a great time today.Thanks for all your hard work.

JSPC160

I second that. High class family - High class show.

Thanks!!

Gene_S

Thanks Scott for the great show you and your family put on today!!! One of the best I've been to!!! :banghead: And also thanks to Mike B. for lending his spare time to help Scott pull things together!!! Two great guys... :thumbs2:

MikesRJ

Wish I could have made it. Maybe next year Scott.

fabricator2009

Had a great time. Meet some red square guys. Spent too much money. Thanks Scott. Tell your family thank you as well.

midnight rambler

Hi scott I made it home ok sat nite then went back to steves on sunday, truck made it to roscoe il and then my girlfriend ended up pulling the truck back to Janesville with a KIA sorento, guess they can pull there weight. Not sure what is wrong with it yet but hope its simple, anyway glad I made it(determination I guess) it was a great time and I'm looking forward to it next year and a very big thank you to you and your father for letting my horse trailer sit there, thank you againkr :thumbs2:

Vinylguy

I was busy editing video this evening and found this short video taken at the NW INDIANA

Meet & Greet. Just thought I would share.

Can anyone tell me who's Tractor that is?

th_MEETGREETININDIANA.jpg

Rollerman

His name is Don, I seen him at Scott's fathers place Saturday.

I believe he's a member here, but I'm lost on what his log on name is.

Give Scott (whfan74) a PM, he'll know.

whfan74

His name is actually Louis Bolinger from Indiana. He is having trouble getting on the Square but will be a member shortly. I will make sure he makes it on. Great guy and a blast of a tractor. From what I remember off the top of my head is that tractor is the remains from a very rough 551. Has a Robin motor under the seat. In the past year he outfitted it with the rear wing and it also sports some red ground effect lights. It sure is an attention getter and one that he always has a blast with.