Sign in to follow this  
pharmer

Slot Hitch

pharmer

Anyone have an idea of the maximum weight the slot hitch can support in the up position before the cable will stretch/ break? I'm fabricating a dump bucket and want to know my limits. Thanks

CRE1992

I am unsure of how much weight you are looking to support but the service manager at my local toro dealer hands 4 40lb weights on his 520H slot hitch in the winter with a special made bracket of some sort.

ol550

I don't know the capacity but I had a dump scoop on the back of a 1046. Bent the lift handle lifting the load :woohoo: and the cable held. Mike

pharmer

Sounds encouraging. Maybe I shoukd start looking for a spare handle.....just in case.

can whlvr

i too bent my lift handle with a bucket that i fabbed on my snow blade :woohoo:

shorts

measure the diameter and then look up galvanized aircraft cable, the details or specs will give you a rated safe working load and also a breaking strength that is usuallt 4 or 5 times greater. I just did a quickie lookup on fleebay and found 3/16'' 7x7 rated @ 840 pounds working load

pharmer

Good idea. That should be more than enough. Then the weakest link would be the lift handle. I guess a little trial and error at that point would set my limits.

Thanks for the input