Sign in to follow this  
kitkit

RJ 35

kitkit

Hello, need a little help telling me what I have here , what is correct and incorrect .I can't post a picture it seems but if I get an email address from someone willing to help I will send the pictures that way . Thank you . My Email is bkindig@msn.com

shorts

:woohoo:

rmaynard

:woohoo: PM sent

rmaynard

As promised, here are your pictures.

2e08c6c4.jpg

93586590.jpg

72a1fc73.jpg

d4028a9d.jpg

01a4f852.jpg

334f0780.jpg

b88b818f.jpg

01185e74.jpg

can whlvr

good lookin tractor,so did the rjs not have a gear shifter,was it basically one speed other than the throttle control?

chazm

Hello & :D

Chaz :woohoo:

stevebo

That is an RJ35 however it has had some "modifications" oer the years. Pulley system is wrong and the hitch in the back is not suppose to be welded to the round part of the frame. Wrong steering wheel, missing belt guard, the front rims have been replaced with newer ones, exhaust stack is not correct. I cannot confirm if the engine is correct :D Either way it is a 35 :woohoo:

TT

I'd say the engine is a mid to late 50's B&S model 6 (guessing) and is definitely incorrect.

The stamped frame (vs. channel iron) dates the chassis from (potentially) very late 1955 to early/mid 1956. (but don't take that to the bank either :woohoo: )

kitkit

Hello, I would like to thank everyone for the welcome and information on the tractor especially Rmaynard for taking the time to post the pictures for me when I was unable to . Thanks to all .

Ken B

Nice tractor you have there. That exhaust stack looks right at home on it!

buckrancher

good lookin tractor,so did the rjs not have a gear shifter,was it basically one speed other than the throttle control?

only pre 1958 (rj35/25) they used a variable belt drive but this ones missing

the vari-drive pulley you changed speed by moving the long lever on the side

in to a different hole the vari drive uses two belts and by changing the hole that

the lever is in one side of the vari-drive pulley will get a larger dia. and the other side will be a smaller dia. thus Changing the tractor speed. To reverse you pull the lever all the way back to engage a fiction disk off the motor pulley to the vari drive pulley

Brian