Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Side Vs Rear Discharge

farmer

In farming terms a least, "windrowing" means gathering a crop for subsequent pick up. The "windrow" is the gathered crop ready for collection. :thumbs2:

can whlvr

Does the rear discharge do better cutting tall grass? (i.e. is it lees prone to getting clogged up?) I have a 42 SD and I have to be careful not to load it up too much or it will clog and smoke the belt. I have been thinking about converting it to a rear discharge in my shop this winter so it can handle a heavier cut.

Dave, I'm running a 37SD on a 312-8 and three times I've mowed a two acre field with the grass level with the hood (really!) of the tractor. It never clogged up once (grass was dry) nor did it smoke the belt. I'm running very sharp Gator blades. Mowing was in 2nd gear, low range, full deck height, taking 2/3 of the width of the deck per pass (I mow "NASCAR" style - always turning left so the clippings blow onto an already i mowed area). Maybe I was just lucky? :banghead:

Duff :thumbs2:

i mow nascar style too,3rd high range,when i can :banghead:

Don1977

Duff :thumbs2:

i mow nascar style too,3rd high range,when i can :banghead:

That's great fun that slide around the corners, but that's a little more like dirt track racing! :banghead: