Sign in to follow this  
kadetklapp

Is a starter solenoid a starter solenoid?

kadetklapp

I need a new starter solenoid, and I've found several on the NAPA site that look identical to the one I pulled off the mower (which was bad). The part number on mine is 10-0181, which doesn't match anything NAPA. However, is this mostly a generic enough part that it should work? I'm looking at a NAPA SME 7018611. Thanks.

rmaynard

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. It probably won't be a direct fit (you didn't say what model you had), but as long as it is 12 volts and the mounting bracket is ground, you will be okay.

I have seen direct replacements for most Wheel Horse tractors at TSC for about $17.00

Coadster32

I got one at autozone for $10.50 the other day for my 551. :woohoo:

kadetklapp

Thanks guys. This would be for a GT-1800. As pictured, it would appear to be just like OEM, and would mount up in the correct location.

can whlvr

you may have bought it allready but alot of toro dealers will stock the solinoid,i paid less than 15 bucks and im in ontario and we usually pay more for stuff than you guys,and it will be a direct bolt in

kadetklapp

So I have a solenoid, very much like the one I took off. I'm afraid I don't exactly remember however, where one of the wires goes. I've got a wire coming from what appears to be the fuse. I do not know if it goes on one of the main terminals or on the control circuit. Can anyone run out and take a look at a similar series tractor and snap a quick picture of the solenoid setup?

rmaynard

It goes on the same terminal that is connected to the (+) side of the battery.

57d39da2.jpg

kadetklapp

Thank you gents.

I have now seen what happens when people with no business wiring anything try to rewire a garden tractor.

I have got it turning over but not until I fried the $60 coil on it. So, another trip to the parts store.

I would love to find a NOS OEM wiring harness or maybe build my own. What a PITA.