Sign in to follow this  
tommy3horse

PTO safety switch

tommy3horse

Hello Fellas;

Got my C161 single Kohler running after a rebuild. It runs great and started right up too.

My question is that when I engage the PTO, it kills the motor. Is this a bad switch or something I have missed? Can it be bypassed, and HOW?

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this,

Tom

:woohoo:

can whlvr

im not sure how to by pass it but it is still available but its kinda pricy,around 50 bucks,but if you have kids using it its worth every penny imo

tommy3horse

Thanks Don.

Tom

C-Series14

Check your seat switch...when you engage the PTO, the seat switch must be made or it kills the engine.

tommy3horse

Thanks for the Heads-up, Mike! :woohoo: I did have the seat and pan off yesterday to drain the fuel tank and replace the fuel lines, before I cranked her up. I did notice the wires were kind of loose as I unplugged them.I will check that out in the am. If that doesn't work out, I will probably run a jumper wire from the S terminal in the switch to the soleniod, I am dyin to get that obligatory 5 hours of run time to break her in right with the 30 wt oil, then she gets the Castrol 10w40 treatment. :D

Tom

:ROTF:

tommy3horse

Good morning;

Thanks to Mike on this one. I checked the seat switch this morning and found that the seat was not making any contact with the switch at all. I positioned a 1/4" piece of rubber and taped it to the underside of the seat so it would make contact with the button and it worked! Gonna go out and cut grass for a while and see how she does. THANKS!!

Tom