Sign in to follow this  
mrc

50 inch grader blade

mrc

hi all, i recently got a 50inch grader blade. i believe the rear round bar of the grader blade hooks up to the rear axle bracket like a snowplow, correct? then there is a short flat stock piece (about 4inches long or so) that pins up to the mower deck lift bar, correct? thank you. mike in mass.

Horse'n Around

I just thought of something, Isnt there two different types, mid mount blades and the ones that mount at the rear axle? If yours is designed to be attached to the rear end then it sounds like you have it right. Sorry that I cant be of more help to you. Enjoy your grader :woohoo:

rexman72

hi all, i recently got a 50inch grader blade. i believe the rear round bar of the grader blade hooks up to the rear axle bracket like a snowplow, correct? then there is a short flat stock piece (about 4inches long or so) that pins up to the mower deck lift bar, correct? thank you. mike in mass.

pretty sure the 50 inch blade hook to the back

KyBlue

MRC sounds like you've got it right. :woohoo: Good Job

shorts

I just put D160 50'' rear mount blade under my C160, it fits the standard rear axle attach matic mount, and made up a solid link to the lift arm.

mr.pipes

then there is a short flat stock piece (about 4inches long or so) that pins up to the mower deck lift bar, correct?

The bar is 10"-12" long and connects to the highest, outermost hole. The one that is for "extra lift height, snow blade only"

I hope you have better luck getting a cotter pin on than I do.

Anyone have any tips on that?

I can send you the manual if you give me your email address

liftpositions.jpg

Top bar is for the 50" and the lower is for the 40"

417tireshood030.jpg

mr.pipes

Isnt there two different types, mid mount blades and the ones that mount at the rear axle?

50" is rear mount.

40" is mid mount.

But I'm not too familiar with D series graders.

Horse'n Around

Isnt there two different types, mid mount blades and the ones that mount at the rear axle?

50" is rear mount.

40" is mid mount.

But I'm not too familiar with D series graders.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I know very little about implements and attachments. Pretty much just what Ive learned from reading and studying pictures :woohoo: