Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Wapak tractor swapmeet

Rollerman

Hey group just wanted to let you know there will be a tractor swap meet at the Auglaize County fairgrounds November 9th & 10th.

I know were kind of spread out here on Red Square, but maybe I'll see some of you members there?

I'll be meeting up with a friend of mine "Dennis" whom lives there in Wapak & picking up a few things from him.

Maybe hope to find more stuff as well...like suitcase weights Kevin?

The fall Wapak swap is a good one & open to all types of tractors & farm machinery.

There is normally some pretty good horse stuff to be found also.

Stephen in northern IN....cleaning the garage for new junk.

Sparky

Any chance you could swing by and pick me up :D ? I'm in central Connecticut.

Mike....with no more local shows :P ......

Rollerman

Yeah Mike...no problem & I'll bring the boat trailer for Karl too...LOL

Sorry... maybe in PA next year..I'll be sure to tell you about all the bargains in Wapack.

Stephen in northern IN....a long ways from Connecticut

kj4kicks

It's a little far for me to travel, too. But Mike, if you decide to go, I'll meet you on the turnpike !

If not, here's my shopping list for Stephen (and you can bring it along to PA next year LOL):

48" snow blade (I have a rear axle mount already)

mid-mount grader blade

something from the '80's, to bridge the generation gap

The check is in the mail!

Eldon.

Rollerman

No prob Eldon...I trust you.... :D

I'd like a 48" snow plow myself...seem to have several 42"...but they are just a bit short when angled.

I also have a 60"...but it's a bit to much

Maybe bringing home a C 125 hydro...never had a horse yet with the black paint on the hood...looking forward to it.

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

Funny, I've been thinking I need one of them black hooded horses too. Have to keep an eye out. Enjoy the show!

kpinnc

Suitcase weights? Ya think?

Heck yeah!

Kinda wondering how I'd get them from you though. probably be like shipping a hippopotamus.

I can't spell "hippo", but it's the biggest thing I could think of with a funny name... :D

Rollerman

Had a good time at the swap meet in Wapakoneta saturday.

I don't know if some of you guys know the names?...but hung out & shot the "bull" with Joe Papke, Ollie Kemplin, Dennis McCormick, Bill Peirson & others, also met Jerry Collins.

The weather was great this year 50ies & sun...beats the 34 degrees with drizzle last year.

Seen a lot of deals, or things I beleived I absolutely needed...till I called wife about useing ATM card & was told otherwise :D

I did see Steve Guirder there with some Case's (yes I said Case) there...I never got to talk with him although I like these tractors & am thinking about picking one up.

I also seen a very nice JD 140 (yes I said JD) with full hydraulics & 3 point...that's a neat model "treed any input"

As far as what I did bring home.....well got a beat up C125 auto that I'll push snow with this winter, A clean C100 minus engine (I have an engine) & I'll hang my Haban sickle mower on it, Some 60 pound cast wheel weights.

Thats it..travelled light on the way back home..actually left my trailer at home so I would not do something stupid.

Kevin you mentioned suitcase weights...I found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:MEWA:IT&ih=003

Stephen in northern IN....takeing care of those pesky open spots in my garage

kj4kicks

till I called wife about using ATM card & was told otherwise

Sometimes it is better to BEG for forgiveness, than to ASK for permission !

Glad you enjoyed the show, and that the whether was nice.

Eldon.

Sparky

You got 2 full size tractors home with no trailer? Must been a packed truck bed. I only have a 6' bed and it'll only hold one tractor with the cap off.

I pushed snow with a C-125 Auto last year and it worked great! I love the black hoods :D !

Mike.......

Rollerman

Mike I have a 6 foot bed too...Ford Superduty.

Yes it was a load....backed the 125 in...very carefully lifted the 10 over & to the side of the 125.

Then there was the 42 deck & 6' ramps.

Looked very hillbilly going home....better if I had old lady in rocker on top of pile.

Stephen in northern IN

kpinnc

Kevin you mentioned suitcase weights...I found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:MEWA:IT&ih=003

I wonder how that guy is shipping 116 pounds anywhere in the US for $19? :D

I may just have to get those! Thanks Stephen!

Rollerman

Kevin they are useing the USPS flat rate boxes.

About $9 a box with no weight limit ...as long as it fits in the box.

So he ships 2 weights a box & 2 boxes.

I'm working on the wife right now to see if I can order a set :D

Stephen in northern IN

Buzz

Had a good time at the swap meet in Wapakoneta saturday.

I don't know if some of you guys know the names?...but hung out & shot the "bull" with Joe Papke, Ollie Kemplin, Dennis McCormick, Bill Peirson & others, also met Jerry Collins.

So you got to meet Jerry, are you bragging or complaining. :D Did you happen to notice what he rustled at the swap meet? If you want him to be a friend for life, offer him a big serving of "scrapple" for breakfast..... :P

Rollerman

Buzz I did not get to chat with Jerry long...although he seemed to have a sense of humore.

Gonna try & get him on my yahoo messenger list.

Bill was dressed neat as a pin & carrying his "locked" breifcase close the whole time....a little out of place in the coveralls crowd..LOL :D

I can't tell you what Jerry bought..I think it's a secret :P ...I also don't know if he really wants his friends to know :(

Was good to see the VA crowd at an OH swapmeet though.

Stephen in northern IN

T-Mo

I also seen a very nice JD 140 (yes I said JD) with full hydraulics & 3 point...that's a neat model "treed any input"

Ah, yes, the 140 JD. The 140 was JD's first hydrostatic tractor and was manufactured to be an estate tractor. There were H1s and H3s (number of hydraulic spools). JD did their research well when they made the 140, as well as the 110 (JD's first garden tractor). The 140 was introduced in 1968 and was made until 1974. Even today, the 140 is still highly sought after and many are still going strong today. If anyone ever wants to get a JD, put the 140 H3 on your list.

T-Mo

About $9 a box with no weight limit ...as long as it fits in the box.

So he ships 2 weights a box & 2 boxes.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a weight limit - 70 lbs per package.

Rollerman

Treed I beleive I seen both types of 140's there.

The one that had me drooling had 3 levers on the right side? & a 3 point on back.

I have seen them at show's n swaps before & they have my interest, but can't justify the price tag on them.

I also see a lot of 110's at prices good & bad...but haven't really caught the bug for one like the 140 or 200 series.

Stephen in northern IN

T-Mo

The 140 with 3 levers is the H3, the one with one lever is a H1. The 3 point hitches are hard to find as they are highly desired. The 140 use a drive shaft for the transmission, full hydraulics, electric pto.

The 110/112 and later the 200 series JD are very similar to the Wheel Horses. Horizontal Kohler K-series or cast iron horizontal Tecumseh engines. cast iron gear transmissions (but with variable speed), very heavy duty frames and has the deck belt setup very similar to the WH's including the cup/cone mechanical clutch. They were belt driven, both for the deck and transmission. Some of these were hydraulic lifts and some were electric lifts as well as the mechanical lift.