Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Shuboxlover

I put a new fuel tank gasket in my 753 this morning. I seemed to stop the leak, but the gasket (after a bit) seemed to be "wet" Is this common for it to seep a little. It wasn't a cork gasket, but the black type.

Also, I have other fuel leaks now. The bowl gasket is leaking, the fuel line going into the carb is leaking and the fuel line coming out of the fuel pump is leaking.

Bowl leaking....it runs great, but would it be cheaper getting a carb kit than the individual bowl gasket and o-ring? Would the rebuild kit come with the necessary stuff? What is the carb kit number, the parts tree diagram was a little confusing.

Fuel line leaking....It is a hard copper line coming from the pump going to the carb. It looks as though the rubber "gaskets" at each end (they slide over the copper line and looks to be some sort of compression fitting) are shot. Can I buy JUST these "gaskets"? If so, where? Part #?

Also, the choke cable seems to be froze, it's weird because the knob is pushed in, but the cable at the other end looks to be all the way into the sheathe. Which doesn't make ANY sense, if the knob is pushed in, shouldn't the other end of the cable be all the way out :woohoo:

I'm finally trying to get this thing safe to drive again so I can use it to spread fertilizer and so the kids can drive it.

Any help would be GREAT appreciated!!! :D

TT

Carb kit: (Kohler) 25 757 03-S

Fuel line "sleeves": (Kohler) 220547-S

Sediment bowl gasket: (Kohler) 210468-S

The tank gasket might swell enough that it will eventually seal. You might want to consider a liquid tank liner/sealer (like Kreem) if you don't see an improvement.

The choke cable sounds like some of the inner wire is broke off. If you can get it freed up, you might be able to salvage what's left by carefully cutting some of the outer housing off to expose more inner wire.

wh79d160

Tyson, If you get a carb kit, you need to order a mounting gasket & an air cleaner housing gasket as well. They don't come w/the kits :woohoo: . I just used a double o-ring on the copper tube & it's sealed fine @ both ends. One small one to go over the tube & one bigger one to fit inside the nut. I can get the part #'s for the gaskets if you need them. I'm putting a kit mine on my 702. I assume it's the same. I just got a new sediment bowl assy fo $6.00. My shut off was leaking & screen was pretty nasty.

buckrancher

take the gas tank back off and take it apart then go to your nearest yamaha dealer

and buy a tube of yamabond #4 put it on both sides of the gasket and tank halves and reassemble

use a nut driver to thighten the bolts (you get better feel so not to snap them off

or strip them out)

Brian

Shuboxlover

Tom,

What were the o-ring's made out of....Viton, Buna-N, Silicone??? :woohoo:

wh79d160

It's a kit I have. Says there hydralic & fuel resistant. I think there krytonite. :woohoo: