Sign in to follow this  
capt.-tractor

Help with deck/plow lift handle on 701

capt.-tractor

Hello all,

This is my first post in the forum! :D

On to the question at hand.

I have a 1961 Wheelhorse 701. When I bought it, there was no lift handle.

I bought a plow, and later a lift handle off ebay.

I mounted the plow no problem, but can' t figure out how to get the lift handle installed.

I have since fabricated my own that works well, but I would like to use the original one that I have.

It is like this one: handle.JPG

The manual that I have shows there is a tension pin that goes into the shaft where the lift tabs are mounted, which would leave me to believe you can remove the pin to slide the tabs off in order to slide the shaft into the tractor frame.

Mine has a hole, but no pin. It doesn't appear that those tabs will come off.

Any ideas? Please help! I've had this handle for a few years, and I'd like to actually use it! :woohoo:

Thanks!

Greg

TT

:woohoo:

If the lift lever you have is just like the one you have pictured, it will never work on a 701 - unless you do some extensive modifications.

What you see in the manual is correct - and 1961 & 1962 were the only two years for that design. The lever you have is at least 1963 - or newer.

capt.-tractor

Thanks very much for the reply! Good info to know before I start cutting and welding to make the darn thing fit!

stevasaurus

capt... :ROTF: If you have not done so yet, put a post in the wanted ads in the classified section...I'm sure someone can fix you up with the correct lift lever mechanism for your horse for less then E-Bay. :woohoo: Be sure to put in where you are at in the world, you may be able to just drive a few blocks and pick it up. :D :D