Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

71 W.H. Bronco 14... Help Me Out Please

wheelhorsec85
o and to answer a question you have . to get the lights and electric clutch to work . start

71_Bronco

Thank you WheelHorsec85. I sent the guy a message to ask if it is the original bronco style mount or the newer tach-a-matic mount. Now that you mention it, the pic that 546Cowboy posted does have a different style mount as mine.

I started to go through the tractor today. I took off the air filter to start, its an original Kohler, but looked like it was burried in a dirt pile for the past 5 years, so filthy. Will be buying a new one soon. Also pulled the head-light bulbs so I can get a new set.

I tried the thing that you suggested, with the 2nd "on" position on the ignition switch. It worked just like you said it would, and the electric PTO, lights, and cigar lighter worked perfectly. Thanks for telling me, now I know the wiring is all set.

Tomorrow I am going to run down to a local Wheel Horse dealer and see about picking up a new ignition switch, new engine oil, new air filter, and a new oil filter. Gonna hit up an auto store to see if I can get the silver-star ultra bright bulbs for the headlights.

I already picked up a bottle of the fuel additive like you guys suggested, so that is all set.

Thanks so much for all the help you guys have provided, I am so siked to work on this tractor :D

BTW, I pulled the spark plug wire off for haha's, and found a brand new Champion spark plug in there. One less thing to replace :woohoo:

Also took note of the Model and Serial Number, and they are as follows

Model #: 1-0421 6

Serial #: 820583

Ken B

Nice tractor, I almost owned it once but I was a day late. What is with the wristpin or rod being bad? Is the motor noisy?

71_Bronco

Nice tractor, I almost owned it once but I was a day late. What is with the wristpin or rod being bad? Is the motor noisy?

Don't know. Another member suggested I look into it. The motor ran a little rough when I got it, but i ran it a bit with some cleaner mixed in with the gas, and that helped tremendously. That and I found out the air cleaner was all dirty, so I am thinking a new one will help it even more. As of right now, it is a nice sound to it, nothing out of the norm.

71_Bronco

hay wanted to let you no that i updated the tractor to the attach a matic style deck . decks made from 1973 and above if you noticed the mid mount is black . and there is a attachment piece bolted onto the front of the tractor all that was added on by me to make it easier to find a good deck and also to get rid of the crappy design they had for the orig deck . you will find it is much easier and now all attach a matic attachments will fit your new tractor all the way up into the 90s . so check that deck you are buying and pray it is a attach a matic deck . hope this helps you :ROTF::D:woohoo:

Just confirmed with the owner of the deck that it is an attach-a-matic style deck, so it will work perfectly.

Thanks again for the heads-up!

wheelhorsec85

Just confirmed with the owner of the deck that it is an attach-a-matic style deck, so it will work perfectly.

ok great . trust me you will like it much better :woohoo:

71_Bronco

ok great . trust me you will like it much better :woohoo:

I can't wait to try it out. I do have one, kinda stupid question.

On my electri PTO, I have two pulleys side-by-side. I have a slightly larger one closest to the motor, and a slightly smaller one on the outside (furthest from the motor). Which pulley do I put the mower drive belt around? Or does it not matter?

Thanks

wheelhorsec85

closest one to the motor

71_Bronco

closest one to the motor

Okay, great. I take it that it matters which one? And what is the other pulley for?

Thanks

wheelhorsec85

closest one to the motor

Okay, great. I take it that it matters which one? And what is the other pulley for?

Thanks

other attachments depends on if you want them to spin faster or not

tunahead72

And what is the other pulley for?

I can't speak for your Bronco, but other Wheel Horses use that outer pulley for a snowthrower, lawn vac, generator or loader.

I believe a tiller would also use that inner pulley, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

SAM58

And what is the other pulley for?

I can't speak for your Bronco, but other Wheel Horses use that outer pulley for a snowthrower, lawn vac, generator or loader.

I believe a tiller would also use that inner pulley, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

:ROTF: The talking fish is correct... :woohoo:

:D

Good start on your collection.

71_Bronco

Thanks guys, nice to know I can run other things on my tractor.

BTW, I picked up the deck this weekend. It is better then I thought it was going to be. Mounts up great. I haven't tried cutting with it yet, but I have a feeling that day will come very soon. I want to work out all the bugs before I do a full tear-down for paint and cleaning.

Thanks so far for all the help, I am really learning allot.