Sign in to follow this  
JUSS10

mower deck binds on steering shafts at full lift

JUSS10

alright, working out the kinks on my 1054. got the new drive belt on and that made a huge difference, well i was mowing the other night and noticed the steering was binding when the deck was lifted all the way up. below are some pictures of the problem area. the belt tensioner issue might be due to a stretched belt (its a replacement as its a kevlar belt... the other area is the steering shaft that connects the fan gear to the the left front spindle. its binding on the front lift bracket mounting point. I went through the manual for the deck or at least a similar deck (mine looks just like the one in the manual, but the belt tensioner on the mower blade belt is different...) also, does it matter which of the three mounting holes i mount the rear lift bracket in? in the manual it says use the middle hole but when i used that, it had a bit of a dive to the nose of the deck, putting it in the top hole leveled it out, could using this top mounting hole be causing my binding issues?

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

boovuc

Hi Justin,

Believe it or not, yuo really should use the middle hole on the three mounting holes. For the best cut, Wheelhorse recommends that their decks should be slightly "dived" towards the front.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

JUSS10

it still has a dive in the top hole but i think i might know what it is, flat out, the deck has seen better days and the i had to do some repairs at the lift bracket mounts due to rot and cracking from the hydraulic lift being adjust in appropriately. i think the mounting points are sitting higher than they should be due to the deck shell being deformed there. luckily i have other tractors to mow with :woohoo: