Sign in to follow this  
clintonnut

Mower part numbers for 1277

clintonnut

I need the part numbers for the wheel and bracket on the tensioner for the deck. I just can't quite read the numbers out on the online manuals.

Heres a pic.

7ce7743b.jpg

TT

Toro & PartsTree both have a "zoom" button for the IPLs. :woohoo:

If it's still not big enough (and you're running Windows) hold down the "Ctrl" key and use the "+" or "-" keys at the far right to expand or reduce the image size.

daveoman1966

Instead of fighting with that old style side-mount belt adjustment mechanism, why not up-grade to the front-mounted mule drive. It just has a knob on it to adjust and set the belt tension and is far less problem-ridden than these old-school systems. What's more, you use the same belt even. I've done this up-grade to (for) several old Raiders and Chargers. Here is a pic of a Raider 10 with the up-grade.

for more details, contact me in an OFF-SITE email... my address is:

daveoman@windstream.net

Attached Image

post-4-1309556496.jpg

TT

OR........... you can see it ON-SITE here:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2819

@Charlie: I figured out what you're looking for.

8174 is the bracket

6714 is the "roller"

dbtensioner002.jpg

They are for the second version of that system like used on the 1968 - 1972 mowers. (better design than the 1966/67 models that had the roller mounted to the end of a special long "bolt" that fastened through the back hole of the speed hitch side plate)

clintonnut

Thanks Terry. I definately want to go sans the stud and using that post 1968 bracket. That wil work well. As you can see in the pic i smoothed the wheel riding surface so the wear bumps disappeared. It should work fine for .4 acres every 10 days.

Charlie