Sign in to follow this  
kirby

trying to determine what model # my deck is

kirby

im trying to determine what model number my deck is so i can order a few replacement parts. I dont know how to post several pictures to one post so i'll include 3 pictures but it will be in several post. if theres any other info i can provide to help determine what deck i have let me know. from what i have found i think its a 5-0722 but im not 100% sure. the deck is on my 1973 8hp 4 speed model # 1-0120. its a 36 inch deck with three blades.

Attached Image

post-4-1309455180.jpg

kirby

another picture

Attached Image

post-4-1309455338.jpg

kirby

now i have 2 pictures of the spindles maybe that will help determine the deck

Attached Image

post-4-1309455417.jpg

kirby

last one, just let me know if you need any more info. thanks for the help

Attached Image

post-4-1309455584.jpg

Forest Road

I just went through the same thing this afternoon. My local Toro dealer pulled up an entire list of decks and we narrowed it down. Now if you don;t have a good dealer nearby....well that could be a problem.

Good luck

kirby

im hoping with the wealth of knowledge on this forum and a little luck i can get it figured out but i guess only time will tell.

boovuc

Hi Kirby,

Just doing a quick check before I leave work..... the 05-0722 deck was made after 1973 but still would fit your tractor. Looking at what would fit your 73 model year that was available at that time is model 05-0721. I would look at both these model decks and see if there are any spindle differences. Be advised that decks this old could have had all three spindles changed from the originals that may show up on a parts list.

Good Luck,

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

kirby

i have a model 5-0721 that came as a spare deck when i bought the tractor but it was in worse shape than the one that was on it. this is what lead me to the 5-0722 because of the center spindle in the parts break down of a 5-0722 matches the spindle on my deck but that seems to be really the only major difference between the 5-0721 & 0722 model numbers. this is why I think its the 5-0722.

kirby

Hi Kirby,

Just doing a quick check before I leave work..... the 05-0722 deck was made after 1973 but still would fit your tractor. Looking at what would fit your 73 model year that was available at that time is model 05-0721. I would look at both these model decks and see if there are any spindle differences. Be advised that decks this old could have had all three spindles changed from the originals that may show up on a parts list.

Good Luck,

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

your right about the 5-0722 it was made in 1975. so i think the 5-0721 i have is the original deck for this tractor but it was replaced with this other deck the 5-0722. The more and more i tear into this deck the more it matches up with the 5-0722. So i'm not saying i'm 100% right but its looking like this might be a 5-0722. The main reason i want to know is i'm taking the nicer of the two decks (the one i think is a 5-0722) and i'm taking it completely apart and reworking it back to its original glory. Its already in really good shape i'm just doing a good clean up, repaint and fixing any problems i run into. thanks for the help from everyone on this forum. its because of you i've went this far with this tractor. kirby

kirby

well after some cleaning and repair i found a ID tag. The problem is i cant read it all but here is what i have. 5-3_ _ S01 under that is says 6075. any body have any idea what the 6075 means. It is also possible for something to be in front of the 5 on the first number.

TT

It could be 65-36MS01.

It would also use the #103119 "water pump" style spindle bearing assembly.

kirby

i looked some more and had a friend look and 5-36_S01. we can see the 6 if you look just right, do you know what the 6075 means. i saw in another thread where someone had a manufacture date like this and it would mean the 75th day of 1976. the 6 for 76 and the 075 for the 75th day.

TT

Yes ~ that number is supposed to be the (Julian) build date - which I rarely pay attention to.

But - in this case - I used it to get closer to the potentially correct model number.