Sign in to follow this  
chris11

This would be fun to do

T-Mo

Not to rain on your guys' parade, but the show's staff and owners need to be approached with an idea like this, and you should have their approval. This is not your show, nor is it Red Square's. Get the proper okay.

Also an auction is not the same as a regular sale, and may require permits and/or other documents. Before anyone does anything, get the show's owner and staff's approval and check the legalities.

chris11

Not to rain on your guys' parade, but the show's staff and owners need to be approached with an idea like this, and you should have their approval. This is not your show, nor is it Red Square's. Get the proper okay.

Also an auction is not the same as a regular sale, and may require permits and/or other documents. Before anyone does anything, get the show's owner and staff's approval and check the legalities.

Still coming up with ideas TMO .So we can get approved and to see if anyone wants to do it. I have talked to Bill about it.So I guess I can count you in? Do you have any wheelhorse tractors? :woohoo:

CasualObserver

Both of you are right. They are just ideas. Spit-balling ideas is always fun, and can lead to some interesting discussions and maybe (in this case) some interesting show games. You may notice, I participated in the ideas myself. I think a "jiffy jeep" type competition could be fun, both to participate in and watch. If you had enough people who wanted to participate, you could even do a tournament style bracket of individuals or teams! Although, I don't think anything should be sold or auctioned at the end.... I think the prize should be a bowl or two of ice cream. :woohoo:

What I think TMo is trying to point out is that this is RedSquare... an online forum for Wheel Horse collectors, not the Wheel Horse Collectors Club. They are a private corporate organization who have been around many years longer than this forum. Chris, I know you agree... but to everyone else... please remember before you start finalizing plans and recruiting RS members to participate, any such activities need to be addressed and approved by the WHCC Board of Directors. (only one of which is Bill) Bottom line is that it is their show. It would just be a good idea (and common courtesy) to consult them before planning things to happen at their show. As the Board, they may choose to handle this (or these) requests in the off season, or they may defer to a motion and vote at the Annual Member meeting. Perhaps a better place for this brainstorm would be on the WHCC forum.... http://www.wheelhorsecc.com/modules.php?name=forums

Redsquare has grown much in the last couple years, but the forum members here are still just a fraction of the people who are in the Wheel Horse hobby and/or attend the annual show.

horsefeathers

Guy's the moderators are right... I never thought of the legale stuff!

But think of this the show is for all WH tractors and I'am sure..

you can work on your tractor there.

So if we restore all parts and bring them to assemble...

We are just working on our tractor!

And we don't have to raffle it off there we can raffle it here!

5000 plus members if say 2000 buy a $10 ticket that's ummm..

$20,000 dollars for charity! I see this as a good thing!

I have a great start on a 603 special I'd donate!

:woohoo: HORSEFEATHERS!

Save Old Iron

Count me in for any wiring you guys would need. An if we know ahead of time what models are going to be used, maybe even an SOI personally autographed wiring harness !!!!!!

JimD

:woohoo:

rmaynard

Count me in for any wiring you guys would need.

I think this is a hands-on project and you will have to be there to participate.

Will you?

Will you be bringing some of your tractors?

horsefeathers

Sounds like we're chewin' our paw off to get out of a trap!

I'd love to see this project, I'll call it "MAX HORSEPOWER"!Work out to help kids with there fight to win over Cancer!

Great idea Chris we all win let's Git-R-Done! Think of the kids!

chris11

I have sent Bill a PM hoping he would chime in on this, and asked if he could go over it with the whcc. I think it would be fun. We dont have to send the day building it.That way guys can enjoy the show.I Just trying to add some more fun to the great show they have now.And all i ask is for ideas so we can make a plan to get it aproved. I dont want to ask with out having a plan, or who is going to help.

Save Old Iron

Count me in for any wiring you guys would need.

I think this is a hands-on project and you will have to be there to participate.

Im now confused - you - B100 Bob are setting rules for a challenge that you were poo pooing a few days ago - not enough time , etc, etc.

Since this is not (yet) the "B100 Bob Charity Challenge",

we let the folks who are trying to actually make this happen decide it they will accept my offer.

chris11

Thank you SOI your help is always welcomed. :woohoo:

rmaynard

You, my friend, are trying to make this into another Bob vs. Chuck thing. So I will simply say that when the idea was thrown out to work as a team, with individuals working on separate components, I was back on board.

I am not making any rules. I was simply assuming that the whole challenge was to be done on-site at the show. If I am going to be involved in a challenge, I'm going to be there. I am not going to phone it in. There are enough guys that are willing to be there and get their hands dirty in the name of raising a little money for a good cause.

JimD

You know Bob and Chuck, I think it's high time you two knuckleheads took your petty little squabbles off the board. It's gotten really old and tiresome. It doesn't even matter who started it anymore. For a couple of highly intelligent guys who have a great ability to help other members to continue to engage in this petty crap takes away from the site, and the friendly reputation the Admins and Mods strive for. Take this to the pm's and slug it out if you want, but enough is enough on this board.

Knock it off already!

CasualObserver

Thank you Jim. Seems to be a lot of tension around here lately. Wonder why. That usually only happens in the winter when everyone is cooped up.

SNYFIX

Something similar was done with a old jeep by some tech college students. It's shown on U-Tube somewhere. And I believe it might be in Europe. They designed the jeep so that it can be dissassembled in less then a few minutes and reassembled almost as quick !! They drive up, 5 guys jump out, pull some pins and in a few very short minutes it's apart and I mean apart. After putting it back together they hop back in and drive off but I'm sure not far as the radiator is'nt hooked up.

Something like that can be done here!! assemble a tractor so it comes apart w/pins/goes back togather with pins and drives off.

BPjunk

A lot of ideas here for having fun at the Annual Wheel Horse Show here .......... I have always said "A static show is boring and people will not come back, ya' always have to do some thing dynamic!" . I learned this at the 2nd show when I did a pull off with my 6 speed Lawn Ranger against a 60 hp methanol powered Wheel Horse that was the Minnesota state pullin' champ !

When I tried to get teams to put together a model 656 people did not want to join in but had no problem heckeling me and Ed when we put it together in 18 minutes. I did make it entertaining. I think people thought it would take all day to finish putting the tractor back together.

There would not be any problem of Red Square members putting a tractor together as a "game" but to raffle or auction it off at the Wheel Horse Show put on by the Wheel Horse Collectors Club would not be allowed.

A couple other ideas would be to take too similar tractror models and swap the parts from one tractor to the other (i.e. engine, tires, transmission, seat ....) between the two tractors. Or have two identical tractor models dissasembled and have two teams seeing what team can put their tractor back together the fastest!

Just thoughts.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

wallfish

I thought there would be a bit more interest from more members on this by now. Maybe we were on the wrong track and should focus more on the "GAME" side of things like Bill mentioned.

A small obstacle coarse driving in reverse

or backing up a trailer through some cones

or stopping on a real dime.

Things like that. Something all the kids there could be involved with too. Things that are more focused on driving accuracy rather than speed so it's safe and simple, but fun. We could challenge each other with raffle tickets.

I'd also like to throw out a challenge for a 1 pull to start contest. I have a little K91 that never fails to start on the first pull. Anyone think they can beat it? I'll bet 6 raffle tickets.

"Just thinking out loud" and throwing out ideas.

I'd still like to put a tractor together too if we can up with a good idea that works for everyone.

rmaynard

Something all the kids there could be involved with too.

Just as a side note, I had a friend bring his grandkids up on Friday, and his complaint was that there were no games or anything for the kids. He quoted the flyer that said "plenty of games for all ages", and was wondering where all the games were.

I know this has nothing to do with RedSquare, but while we were discussing the show, it might be something for the organizers of next years show to think about.

SALTYWRIGHT

HOW ABOUT A SLOW RACE ? GEAR TRANS ONLY. CAN NOT TOUCH CLUCH. RUSS

312Hydro

Here's one to think about for the kids, Get a tractor that needs painted and let them paint it. Kinda like the demo derby buses high schools do. Use brush and watercolors? Then use it in the parade. I've yet to attend a show so I don't know the logistics to this. Of course kids and paint can be dicey situation :woohoo: Just a thought....

BPjunk

Just as a side note, I had a friend bring his grandkids up on Friday, and his complaint was that there were no games or anything for the kids. He quoted the flyer that said "plenty of games for all ages", and was wondering where all the games were.

Bob,

We have done many games in the past and found very few kids want to get involved ........ to me this is strange. After a few shows with less and less game there became no one who was willing to do them. Cathi (Red Bird) will be one of the people who will head up the games for the youngsters next year. The games in the past have all been tractor driving relalted so having a tractor is kinda a must.

The Blind Mans Bluff driving game has always been my favorite , you hook up a dump cart behind the tractor and have a person sit in the cart with 2 strands of rope going to the tractor drivers arms and will steer by pulling on the ropes while the tractor driver is blind folded and can not see where they are going. :woohoo:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

rmaynard

I know that there are individuals who have wagons and give rides, but the club might want to have scheduled wagon rides each day.

horsefeathers

Guy's the moderators are right... I never thought of the legale stuff!

But think of this the show is for all WH tractors and I'am sure..

you can work on your tractor there.

So if we restore all parts and bring them to assemble...

We are just working on our tractor!

And we don't have to raffle it off there we can raffle it here!

5000 plus members if say 2000 buy a $10 ticket that's ummm..

$20,000 dollars for charity! I see this as a good thing!

I have a great start on a 603 special I'd donate!

Did anyone read this post?

We can play pin the tail on the jackass all day!

Or we can do something to help fight childrens cancer!

What's it gonn'a be boys ?

:D HORSEFEATHERS!

chris11

I like it Bud, Im working on some ideas. :woohoo: <-------- The best way to get them.

Docwheelhorse

Hi Chris / everyone,

count me in.... I also have several Commando 8's (next years show tractor) and I think we could work something out where I could supply one or two for the challenge/raffle/kids paint job. I was already talking to Bill pearson about it. I'm on vacation this week but will take a look at how "bad a shape" my stash is and post some pics.

Tony