Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDO1

C-120

COMMANDO1

A friend of mine has a c120 w/a 42 side discharge deck. the center pully on top is bad. My question is this, is the pulley only pressed on so it can be replaced or does he need a whole new spindle. If so, does antone have one for sale?

TT

Because of the number of different spindle/pulley designs used throughout the years, it's more important to have the deck model number rather than what tractor the deck is mounted under.

Even then - if someone has previously changed/upgraded the spindle assemblies - that information still might not be enough.

Of course - if you have the deck model number - you can look it up for yourself at any of the online sites. (Toro, PartsTree, etc.)

Pulleys are not pressed on, but they can be a real pain to remove due to rust, etc.

If it is "cast iron", be VERY careful that you do not break it while attempting removal.

can whlvr

as tt said be carefull if they are cast,i just bought 2 because i wasnt careful,and if you have to get them from the dealer they are pricy,some of the pulleys have a key,some dont,i put 2 nuts on top of the shaft(take out zerk)and try hitting straight down on the nut that has been left higher than the shaft so not to damage the top of the shaft,some heat can help and worse case you can cut the pulley off if thats the problem,which you did state in your post,so i guess you dont have to be too careful of the pulley if it garbage anyway

COMMANDO1

My friend said he got it off, but it is a double pully with some kind of sleeve in between them....doe this seperate?

COMMANDO1

OK HERE GOES, THE CENTER PULLY IS NOT CAST. IT IS A DBL PULLEY 4 1/2 X 3 1/2 INCHES.

PART NO. 106847

DECK MODEL IS

MODEL 5 10109

SER # 60468

DOES ANYONE WANT TO SELL ONE...THANKS