Sign in to follow this  
rojojr13

No Spark on K532 - Help!

rojojr13

Hi all,

I have a D200 that I am working on. It was running but died on me. I knew it was an electrical issue because of the way it died. I found that the ammeter had a short. I got it running again and finished the job. The wiring looked pretty bad throughout - so I decided that I would attempt to rewire the whole beast. I also have a C125 so I can do without the D200 for a little while. I got the manuals and believe that I have her back together correctly for the most part. When I turn the ignition switch the engine will crank but I was not getting a spark at the plug. I have cleaned the points so I do not think that this is the issue. although I ordered new points and a condensor which have not arrived yet. I put new plugs in and gapped them to spec. I am wondering if I may have the coil connected backwards. I have attached a photo the type of coil it has to this post. Can anyone identify the positive terminal for me so that I can double check to see that I have it installed correctly. I was not able to find any marking on the coil itself.

Any other ideas would be most welcome as well. My wife is getting agitated with me because I am spending my nights working on the tractor. Please help me save my marriage by providing me an answer.

Thanks in advance.

rojo

Attached Image

post-61-1308857036.jpg

rojojr13

I got a few minutes to look at this again tonight. It turns out it is the points. I put a test light on the coil and ran it to ground and had power on both sides of the coil. I then tested for power at the points and was not getting anything. After some tinkering finally got a spark across the points and when that happened the plug immediately fired. Eurika. I was able to get it running. But the fuel system is still disconnected so I only ran it for a few seconds. Tomorrow it is time to take on the fuel system. Impulse pump.